Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely limb removers, can remember a whole plantation of those brittle pine we call Norway pine, not sure if right name but the ice took almost every limb off them, all but two died off the following spring, two survived for another year but eventually died off also. The planters claimed there was close to 5,000 pogo sticked into the ground there.

Nope...none down here either.....the ice on the trees went away overnight due to warm temps, rain, wind and fog. Drizzle and rain most of the day......about four this afternoon I went up to take care of Hoss.......at the top of the ridge, looking toward the mountain, I saw an unusual sight for January.......

January Rainbow 006.JPG January Rainbow 011.JPG January Rainbow 007.JPG January Rainbow 001.JPG

It was quite impressive......right at sunset....the cell phone pics really don't do it justice.....was a complete rainbow too....but very narrow from end to end....the end between me and the mountain was just about where Hoss lives......I drove quickly down there (1/2 mile) but the sun had set and it was just raining.....no pot-o-gold.....just Hoss **** to pitch outside......may be gold for an upcoming veggie garden.....like money in the bank....gotta wait for it to mature....

Did I tell you about being at the end of a rainbow? No pot of gold there but it was hot as hades. I could see the triple complete rainbows starting and ending on the lake surface right in front of me, also could see different colors than I ever seen in a rainbow before, was absolutely surreal!! Didn`t have a camera with me and had not even learned how to use my phone as a camera at that time, Judy was with me and this occurred just as we landed at the camp, tieing up the boat at the dock.

In the last pict I can see the second rainbow showing and have seen quite a few double ones but that was my first triple, and so close that the heat was unbearable. There are colors at the very outer edges that were totally new to me and likely can`t see them if a rainbow is any distance away from the viewpoint.

Yes that was a double......I think I've seen triples a couple of times before.....but not close or sharp....a long ways off and very faint, especially the third one.....just barely make 'em out.....pretty wild stuff!! Right up there with lightening but a lot less dangerous!!!!

Back