The Burning Bush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 stihl nut

former space alien
Reaction score
I figured this forum could use an underailable thread. Just hanging out.

The scrounging thread gets derailed a little (gross understatement) and I'd like to see it stay a little more focused on scrounging and cutting.

Not a big deal, but the chainsaw forum has their "start a fight" thread which is probably appropriate for that forum.

This seems like an appropriate name in this forum for a thread that could go on indefinitely.

No rules, aside from being respectful.

That being said, I'm not a real conversationalist so I'll rely one someone else to get the party started.

If you got something to say and don't feel like starting a new thread. .....feel free to put it here. This isn't my thread, it's yours.

A flat roof attached to the outfall of the valley between two 6/12 gables...ice dams...GRRR! :chainsaw::crazy2: :dumb2: :blob2:

Looks like a good weekend to go to the timber and cut some wood for the following years... Anyone else going cutting this weekend. High 40's in N. IL finally... Get some and be safe...

I don't need to run off to the woods right now to cut trees and firewood. Because of the ice storms we've had here, and so many trees down, all I do is just drive around and pick up stuff that is left by the curb. A lot of it is already bucked to size. All I gotta do is knock on a door to get permission and load and go.

I've got two young heifers had their calves a coupla days apart, now they are constantly hanging around with each other, off from the other cows. It's like they are starting their own new herd or something, never seen this before.

Waiting for snow and ice to clear the trails and work areas we have in progress, so we can restart. (Some of these trails are "interesting" with a Kawasaki Mule when clear & dry.) Then some shagbark can start flowing in. :dancing:

I've got two young heifers had their calves a coupla days apart, now they are constantly hanging around with each other, off from the other cows. It's like they are starting their own new herd or something, never seen this before.

It's been a hard winter on cows and calves here in KY. 60 degrees two days ago and down to 18 right now with about a foot of snow, down to 0 tonight.

A lot of guys were pulling calves off to put them up a few weeks ago when it was down to -30. That's hard on everyone. All the more reason to calve in the fall :givebeer:

I'm done shoveling my driveway, I don't care how much more snow we get.

Me too, I'm protesting any more snowblowing. As long as I can drive over it I will or I'll get stuck trying. F'ing snowblower is pissing me off, it gets hung up and any little bump or rut in the snow and I feel like lighting the thing on fire after fighting with it for over an hour. It finially did itself in the other night when it picked up a small chunk of wood and mangled the primary auger.
Im in the market for some sort of plow or tractor driven snow blower, these walk-behinds are for the birds.

im laid off from my main job during the winter and go back in a couple weeks. hoping enough snow melts to let me get at some wood for a good week before i go back. If i get a few loads this spring, ill be sitting on enough wood for the next two years, which is a good feeling. screw chainsawing in the summer.

im laid off from my main job during the winter and go back in a couple weeks. hoping enough snow melts to let me get at some wood for a good week before i go back. If i get a few loads this spring, ill be sitting on enough wood for the next two years, which is a good feeling. screw chainsawing in the summer.
pick the days man.....

Man is it cold! It was raining this morning, during the inspection walk, lake flush and chores, but not that bad. now, geeeez! This is the wettest coldest wind of the winter. It's like flexible ice... Pulled a few more armloads from the siberian polar vortex express stash...

Finally got my taxes done, sheesh..can we please either have a simple flat rate, or how about since they print the stuff up out of thin air, just skip the tax and directly fund the goobermint based on actual GDP every year, and just print out a set percentage??

Finally got my taxes done, sheesh..can we please either have a simple flat rate, or how about since they print the stuff up out of thin air, just skip the tax and directly fund the goobermint based on actual GDP every year, and just print out a set percentage??
Zogger for congress!!! :yes:

Back