The Burning Bush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this one of you guys? :D

XWhZp4s.jpg

Thirteen, he started when he was eight.
That's awesome!!! I met an mma fighter who got his start in karate, and he said karate is almost useless. he says he wishes his dad would of put him in wrestling instead. its much more practical.

Dang %&^&&tch Gf broke my windshield with her hard head! Ethnic plzzz!

Taking a mineral feeder up to the upper pasture, found a brand new magnum sinkhole with my left front tire, dang, whammo. we weren't going fast, but still..wear your seatbelts kids, even at real low speed off road.

Oh, she's ok, but starred the glass good. Oh, then, some bolts had rattled loose from the front driveshaft, all of a sudden clangclangclang, etc.. Stopped found it, tied it off to the side, made sure I was in 2wd high this time, geez am I lame....

Then found out I had lost my phone during this little adventure!

Got home, parked, walked where the tire tracks where, found it eventually.

man, stuff happens sometimes!

Brand new sinkhole, I have driven that pasture a thousand times, I know, or thought I knew, where all the gotchas were. This one is big, looks to be around two or three wheelbarrows of rocks and dirt to fill it up. Maybe more, not sure, I was too distracted to take exact measurements... I don't think I bent anything too bad, drove it on the street, still tracks straight. Like I said, going slow. Sorta glad I wasn't in the tractor, might have been worse. Straight down a foot or so, two something feet wide. Looks like it hollowed out somehow, and the turf roots were giving the illusion of solidity. Just weird. Maybe a real old rotted out stump??

She was with me to help load and unload, my back is only at around 20% today.

Dang %&^&&tch Gf broke my windshield with her hard head! Ethnic plzzz!

Taking a mineral feeder up to the upper pasture, found a brand new magnum sinkhole with my left front tire, dang, whammo. we weren't going fast, but still..wear your seatbelts kids, even at real low speed off road.

Oh, she's ok, but starred the glass good. Oh, then, some bolts had rattled loose from the front driveshaft, all of a sudden clangclangclang, etc.. Stopped found it, tied it off to the side, made sure I was in 2wd high this time, geez am I lame....

Then found out I had lost my phone during this little adventure!

Got home, parked, walked where the tire tracks where, found it eventually.

man, stuff happens sometimes!

Brand new sinkhole, I have driven that pasture a thousand times, I know, or thought I knew, where all the gotchas were. This one is big, looks to be around two or three wheelbarrows of rocks and dirt to fill it up. Maybe more, not sure, I was too distracted to take exact measurements... I don't think I bent anything too bad, drove it on the street, still tracks straight. Like I said, going slow. Sorta glad I wasn't in the tractor, might have been worse. Straight down a foot or so, two something feet wide. Looks like it hollowed out somehow, and the turf roots were giving the illusion of solidity. Just weird. Maybe a real old rotted out stump??

She was with me to help load and unload, my back is only at around 20% today.
I don't feel so bad now after your post.
Thx
John

OOpps! Got back from hay mowing last evening, saw this....rats....oh well, picked it up today.That's an old stack now, three rows wide, I stack better now then when I made that one. And a bonus pic, my scrounge rig almost ready, replaced all the lights on the truck except headlights, fixed wires and some mounts, added a buncha new grounds, new headlamp switch, working on the trailer now, lack running lights..need to figger out why... got blinkies and brakes, but not running or plate..no fun being color blind working on old wires.. It's street legal so I want to go all the way in case I have to drive at night or in town, basically my backup ride.

Painted the bed of the trailer gold and added a water sealed plywood sheet chunked in for a cobjob bedliner. Moved camper top to truck for place for tools, will be farm utility truck and with the trailer, my scrounge rig.

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_182832.jpg
    IMG_20150524_182832.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20150524_184942.jpg
    IMG_20150524_184942.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 32
I'm still jealous of your rust-free trucks down there Zogger. We might have to set up a black market smuggling ring - we can bring maple syrup south and trade it for rust free pickup beds and such.

I'm still jealous of your rust-free trucks down there Zogger. We might have to set up a black market smuggling ring - we can bring maple syrup south and trade it for rust free pickup beds and such.

I have been seriously thinking about starting to acquire, repair to street legal status and move some 80s trucks for good firewood scroungers and plow rigs. Thinking about it, takes some serious cash to get started though. The other thing is, most around here of that era don't have titles, plus, getting them across country.

I have been seriously thinking about starting to acquire, repair to street legal status and move some 80s trucks for good firewood scroungers and plow rigs. Thinking about it, takes some serious cash to get started though. The other thing is, most around here of that era don't have titles, plus, getting them across country.
I titled a junkyard car that we built as a drag car that didn't have a title. Statement of ownership indicating location purchased, amount of time owned, VIN, make, model, year was all I needed to get a clear title. Took several weeks to receive the title but otherwise was no problem. IIRC under 50 bucks.

People up here will pay dearly for a vintage 4x4 pickup that doesnt have rust.

I titled a junkyard car that we built as a drag car that didn't have a title. Statement of ownership indicating location purchased, amount of time owned, VIN, make, model, year was all I needed to get a clear title. Took several weeks to receive the title but otherwise was no problem. IIRC under 50 bucks.

People up here will pay dearly for a vintage 4x4 pickup that doesnt have rust.
been that route in iowa,,tho some years ago..damn near impossible!!! a car that got junked by the ins co,,at a yard,,the county said no dice on retitleing.....

been that route in iowa,,tho some years ago..damn near impossible!!! a car that got junked by the ins co,,at a yard,,the county said no dice on retitleing.....
MN will normally label them as "salvage" or "duplicate subject to original claims" but if you have owned it long enough you can get a clean title like I did.

Trailer it up to MN and have someone across the border title it for you. Then you just need to retitle it in Iowa. Just a thought.

Back