The Official, 2nd. Annual Pennsylvania Spring GTG (May 9, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the rest of us gonna cut? Chuck got that 262 and when he touches that thing to a log, he might just get carried away!
Mehh....Husky-shmusky..

Funny thing happened this morning,
I was telling the logger about my Super Split, so once he got done unloading he asked about the splitter, so I grabbed my masterminded MS 260 ( I did'nt have any rounds cut close to the splitter ),
we walked up to it, I uncovered it, then told em, I grabbed a lil baby saw....I fired up the saw and buzzed through a hunk of birch, shut the saw off..
He was standin there with a big grin on his face, he said, I can tell that things had some work done to it..
I said, yea, it made a trip to Tennessee for surgery, it's a 50cc saw but it has a real bad attitude,,,,he laughed really hard, and said, I can tell by the way it went through that cut..
He really liked the splitter,,,,, never even knew there was such a thing...

It's really not a big deal to throw the trailer on the truck .
But on anther note I put a few hours on my miller mod saw ms460 today

Sent from my phone when I should be working

Mehh....Husky-shmusky..

Funny thing happened this morning,
I was telling the logger about my Super Split, so once he got done unloading he asked about the splitter, so I grabbed my masterminded MS 260 ( I did'nt have any rounds cut close to the splitter ),
we walked up to it, I uncovered it, then told em, I grabbed a lil baby saw....I fired up the saw and buzzed through a hunk of birch, shut the saw off..
He was standin there with a big grin on his face, he said, I can tell that things had some work done to it..
I said, yea, it made a trip to Tennessee for surgery, it's a 50cc saw but it has a real bad attitude,,,,he laughed really hard, and said, I can tell by the way it went through that cut..
He really liked the splitter,,,,, never even knew there was such a thing...
Nothing in the world like a Super Split. I have to imagine the quiet strength of the electric model is very kewl!?? Can't wait to see it....

The birch around me splits super easy . You can probably split it by swinging your **** at it . Not me thoe[emoji20]I blame my dad !!

Sent from my phone when I should be working

There are a few items that I could bring if someone would want them. First a 088 mount 36" 3/8 /-063 bar I have $140 in it trade value

Attachments

• 36 3-8.jpg
    36 3-8.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 36 3-8 large stihl.jpg
    36 3-8 large stihl.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 10
  • large stihl.jpg
    large stihl.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 420059 So is the idea to cut 16" cookies and split them? Also did you get the bar you needed?
I did get a small mount 20", 3/8 .050, 72 dl, Husky bar from a friend to tune the saw, I did'nt get a full time bar for it yet...
We will have a couple of different log splitters to demo, should anyone want to see em work..
Some guys wanted to cut firewood length, I got no problem with that,,,,,,,,,,,,but definately not a requirement....

I did get a small mount 20", 3/8 .050, 72 dl, Husky bar from a friend to tune the saw, I did'nt get a full time bar for it yet...
We will have a couple of different log splitters to demo, should anyone want to see em work..
Some guys wanted to cut firewood length, I got no problem with that,,,,,,,,,,,,but definately not a requirement....
Cookies are easier to spit! Lol

That's a nice pile of wood you have there. Thank you so much for all the work to get this ready.

Tuesday evening we're going to go cut up that pine in McAllisterville if anyone want to come down/up/over for it. It's not going to be epic or anything, but I figure I can test a few saws. If we run out there, I have some oak logs here to testify a few more saws on. We can saw till dark if need be...

Back