Spike's 2014 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies for not making it down.
It's been a tough couple of weeks.
I went with Phils dad on Sat to grab the saws he had at the farm.

Lee, nice shirt buddy!! Put smiles on muh face to see you wearin dat!!

Jeremy

No apologies needed buddy, We all know you gots a bunch
going on. You were missed by all. I wore the shirt for a reason,
In remembrance of Phil and it fits well. Never wore a shirt
that got so much attention. Standing in line at a Duncan Donuts
i always get a tap on my back from someone who is in laughter.

Lee

For those who don't know, Phil (samdweezel05) and I were and still are 2 Idiots Logging. Phil left us 3 weeks ago, he passed away much too soon. I guess someone needed a hard working smartass.

Anyway, I will be making another batch of shirts soon. They will be slightly different as we had changed the design before he passed. I will be adding a tribute to Phil somewhere on the shirt as well.

I will start a new thread when the time comes to place the order.

Thanks
Jeremy

Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone here is on Facebook, you can look us up by searching "2 Idiots Logging".

The T shirt stuff will be on there as well

Bob, Thanks for hosting a great event, sorry I had to leave early, but I did have a really good time. In 2 hours time I got to run 12 different saws, and 8 of them were ported! And Mike, thanks for the pulled pork, U always come through with that! Was also great seeing everyone (some new, some again).

The unported 7900 was impressive, more so than the 1st time I ran it. Not sure if it is just me, or if the saw was breaking in. And all the ported saws ran great, from the 261 and 346 to the 461 and 372. Most of them were either ported by Randy or Terry, and I had my Smittybilt 046 there also.

It was also the 1st time I put 044 #2 to the wood with the AM coil, and it also has a new AM snorkel carb. It seemed to function just fine with the new parts.

Wish I could have stayed longer ... tried more stuff ... and BSed with more people, but I'm glad I was there and got to do what I did.

And Yank, I did really like that Black Dirt Red, a lot of flavor. Next time I'm in that area (Finger Lakes), I'll have to pick some up. How did U like the St Michelle Indian Wells Cab???

Does anybody know what Jacks screen name is? I was hoping to get him to input his thoughts of the leveraxe over on its thread in the firewood section, thanks fellas.

Bob, thanks again, love that area. If I ever win the l,ottery there is one farm/ranch on Samsonville Rd I got my eye on.

And Yank, I did really like that Black Dirt Red, a lot of flavor. Next time I'm in that area (Finger Lakes), I'll have to pick some up. How did U like the St Michelle Indian Wells Cab???

Mike, and all others who'd like to sample and/or buy some very nice wines and ciders, no need to truck up to the Finger Lakes. You can find them at Warwick Valley Winery, 114 Little York Rd., Warwick NY. Just S of Mts. Adam & Eve on the SE fringe of the Black Dirt Region. Bucky's Dad's woodlot is just off the NW edge of the Black Dirt. Live music and restaurant too. Outdoor concerts in summer. Highly recommended. See their website for specifics.

I'll be opening yer red this weekend.

Back