Tool upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a mite expensive, good luck.
Haven't read much negative feedback about these 4-siders and they have been around a long time.
I would absolutely love one. My end goal is what I term full-circle woodworking; from standing trees to installed furniture and products like flooring, decking, etc. Controlling every single step along the way. Finding it hard to see ever being able to afford to do it the way I'd like, but we have to have a dream or two.

They do a cheaper Logosol version called the PH260 ECO. Still has a good max 4-siding planing dimensions of 260x100 (410 wide if just thicknessing/dressing 2-sides), but a fixed feed speed and less grunty top planer motor.

Not being able to control the feed speed might not work too well in our dense timbers here, or might require another stage or two in the processing before the final pass is made.

When I think of the days I spent recently turning RS 1x6 into TG&V sarking with my jointer, thicknesser, hand router, one of these wee planers from Logosol would have been a blessing. Also, just running bits and pieces for others would help pay it off.

It was about NZ$1.20/lineal metre to have the 6x1 run elsewhere, excluding freight there and back. The fixed feed speed of the ECO model is 5m/minute, so about $6/minute = about $360/hr in revenue. Wouldn't take too long to cover the depreciation on the machine.

Today, I have a little forest myself and a small sawmill. Currently busy to build a kiln and now moulder. The idea is to keep on making youtube videos for revenue and then sell what I produce when I make films.
Sell floors and moldings, start building windows to the building preservation.

Haven't read much negative feedback about these 4-siders and they have been around a long time.
I would absolutely love one. My end goal is what I term full-circle woodworking; from standing trees to installed furniture and products like flooring, decking, etc. Controlling every single step along the way. Finding it hard to see ever being able to afford to do it the way I'd like, but we have to have a dream or two.

They do a cheaper Logosol version called the PH260 ECO. Still has a good max 4-siding planing dimensions of 260x100 (410 wide if just thicknessing/dressing 2-sides), but a fixed feed speed and less grunty top planer motor.

Not being able to control the feed speed might not work too well in our dense timbers here, or might require another stage or two in the processing before the final pass is made.

When I think of the days I spent recently turning RS 1x6 into TG&V sarking with my jointer, thicknesser, hand router, one of these wee planers from Logosol would have been a blessing. Also, just running bits and pieces for others would help pay it off.

It was about NZ$1.20/lineal metre to have the 6x1 run elsewhere, excluding freight there and back. The fixed feed speed of the ECO model is 5m/minute, so about $6/minute = about $360/hr in revenue. Wouldn't take too long to cover the depreciation on the machine.

Latest posts

Back