tree monkeys 2153 deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00090.JPG

DSC00091.JPG

the transfers take more time then the rest of the saw. it's the most important part of it too. I widen most 4 port engines, but rarely widen a 2 port.
the main port is towards the exhaust, secondary towards the intake.
I widened the mains towards the exhaust port. I do this so I can keep the angle of the port angled towards the intake. I do my best to keep the tunnel the same width and height. a small taper is ok(wider at the base). on the secondary's, the port match didn't allow much room to widen the port. so I cut the port on an angle from the base to the window, and cut the web on an angle to match.

This isn't one of those "lets see you effers copy my port work from pictures" threads and then show a botched up jug and sit back and laugh about how many self porters just fubared a perfectly good cylinder?? I guess I better stop grinding :sweet:
no it's not, but you might want to wait till i'm done

DSC00092.JPG
the secondary look like it has a dip in it, i'll have to look at it again, but I think it's a shadow.
I like to have the last, about, 1/4 " of the port to be flat. parallel to the piston crown. the secondary's are angled upward stock, and I usually cut through then to get the shape I want. the roof of this port has to be very thin. I want a nice even radius up the back.

Latest posts

Back