Ultrasonic Cleaners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine at harbor freight about 3 years ago for about $75. I've abused the crap out of it and it's still running.

I typically use simple green mixed with water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two and i used them for boxes nothing else , i clean the saws with a pressure washer and the carbs with mild air or a little clear gas, for me the ultrasonics is another ********

I have two and i used them for boxes nothing else , i clean the saws with a pressure washer and the carbs with mild air or a little clear gas, for me the ultrasonics is another ********
I have a cylinder here that is so dirty I have not unable to get the dirt off it. I tried mineral spirits and a wire brush and it wont do nothing!

I have a cylinder here that is so dirty I have not unable to get the dirt off it. I tried mineral spirits and a wire brush and it wont do nothing!
inside or outside ? if inside the mastermind trick works very good , if outside bakingsoda blasting , or some oxy but carefull with theese chemicals

Maybe try it , i buy a cheap blasting pistol the soda do good work, or if you have a friend with a sand blaster he make it like new

I have the two liter model from Harbor Freight as well. I have had it for 4 years or more and abused it. It still works great. Having the heat option is great and really helps in removing stubborn caked on stuff. There is a simple hack to make it run continuously as well on the site here. One tip I recently learned is if you have a really nasty part put it in a ziplock bag with you favorite cleaner an place in the ultrasonic cleaner solution. You will get the same benefit but the dirt and grime won't contaminate the fluid in you cleaner. I have cleaned numerous carbs, nuts, bolts, and gun parts I my cleaner. If this one ever craps out I will replace it with the same model. I believe you can't clean you carb any better than you will get it with the UC.

I've got the large one from HF.
Use Simple Green Pro HD in a 50/50 mix.
Same thing I use but make sure you don't leave aluminum soak overnight and flush them with water after running through the cleaner. It will darken the aluminum if not, however I haven't noticed a difference in how the parts function if they do darken.

What type, size and brand are you guys using?

Also, what solution have you found to be best?

The 2 litre Harbor Freight (Chicago Electric Power Tools) USC is the best value out there for smaller pieces by far, though I've de-funked absolutely disgustingly spooged up case halves from saws as large as an 066 by just flipping the part a couple times.

Cleaner of choice depends on job at hand. I've found a 50/50 mix of good ol' Pine-Sol to water is the best bang for the buck for everything, though I also subscribe to various isolation methods such as baggies and jars with any number of cleansers for getting all specific and stuff for certain applications without having to dump your basic US un-funk solution. No-brainer there.

Anyone who claims an USC is useless is an idiot and should not be allowed in the vicinity of children or small animals, let alone a chainsaw.

Get a cheap crock pot from the Flea Market or a Thrift store (or the such like). Get some Purple Power from Walmart, and cook it for about an hour. It works very well.

@lone wolf, try a couple sprinkles of this with regular blue Dawn dish washing soap. It's very slightly (citrus) acidic and works great on pistol brass. Makes them look like new. On aluminum, maybe try a busted off fin from the scrap pile before you go whole hog on it. Find it by the dish washer soap at wal mart.

th.jpg

As for them being ********..

Well used bike piston.

30min later out of the us

Or if you like to clean the carbon off titanium 4t valves without destroying the coating on them...

I've got one of the 2.5L isonic models from amazon. There are several different companies selling the same one under different names. I went with the cheapest one and I'm very happy with it. So much so that I listed it for sale last night to upgrade to one of the 6l all stainless units. I'd LOVE to have that 6 GAL unit!

6 gallon (25l) unit. I use pinsol as the solvent up to 50% concentration.

where did u get that one?
i recently purchased a 7 gal one one the bay and have not received it or a response from seller :angry:

p.s. KTM cyls stacked behind tank??

Back