Ultrasonic Cleaners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two and i used them for boxes nothing else , i clean the saws with a pressure washer and the carbs with mild air or a little clear gas, for me the ultrasonics is another ********

put this on a box with gas and you have the cheaper ultrasonic cleaner
View attachment 402327

Let me first say that as much as I LIKE this idea, it just really irritates me
to Continuously see this rig-up being called an "Ultrasonic" cleaner.

And with out of my system, I want to ask if pantelis has had an opportunity to use an *actual* Ultrasonic cleaner?

Pantelis, my apologies if you have given that information in some place here.
I sometimes have days with trouble remembering my own postings!

i picked up the HF 2L recently.....it's OK. not great. the heater is a good addition to it. It takes quite a few cycles to get a part clean.

We have a 20 gallon one at work with a water filtration system. That thing will actually eat through aluminum if you aren't careful. You need very little solvent with a powerful U.S. cleaner.

So ultrasonics cleaners are not ********, but you got to pony up for a good one. Branson makes some real nice ones. Generally speaking they are a good alternative to harsh solvent cleaners.

I use the large harbor freight with totally awesome with the solution and parts in a quart bag. It takes many cycles but does a nice job, especially on cylinders. Rinse and finish with a vinegar solution if it turned black.

until the gas fumes hit the sparking windings of motor! be careful!o_O
Yes i know , i see the idea in the you tube , but what need a ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning a chainsaw, i cant understand, what is so dificult and need ultrasonic or maybe some others super specials cleaning machines

Yes i know , i see the idea in the you tube , but what need a ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning a chainsaw, i cant understand, what is so dificult and need ultrasonic or maybe some others super specials cleaning machines
I could see benefit of owning. I have 2 4500 psi washers and having to unroll hose and hook up then roll up everything back in order vs. put in USC while I am doing something else in shop looks favourable? just thoughts!:drinkingcoffee:

I'll tell you why you might need it. An ultrasonic cleaner will clean delicate parts gently, and thoroughly remove stubborn deposits without harming the parts. Examples are the tiny internal passages in carbs and flocked air filters. I know of nothing that will clean these parts as thoroughly and easily without harming them in the slightest. You usually don't need chemicals at all. Just some dish soap and the heating element, along with the vibrations will do the job. Don't knock something you've obviously never tried.

I'll tell you why you might need it. An ultrasonic cleaner will clean delicate parts gently, and thoroughly remove stubborn deposits without harming the parts. Examples are the tiny internal passages in carbs and flocked air filters. I know of nothing that will clean these parts as thoroughly and easily without harming them in the slightest. You usually don't need chemicals at all. Just some dish soap and the heating element, along with the vibrations will do the job. Don't knock something you've obviously never tried.
He did say he has 2 of them, in the box. I think he was stating that one does not need one to clean chainsaws halves. I know of several people that use carb cleaner to clean 2 stroke carbs with no issues. It is all what you are used to. Also He is in Greece so I think there is no ethanol there.

For me the ultrasonic cleaners specialy the ****** cheap, is another bull **** tools like many other out there that the only think they do is to make bubbles in the water or in the chemicals.
the chainsaw is a simple machine with some simple parts and can cleaned with a simple tools , example a brush and a little gas or even shoapywater.
for the carbs i just deep them in a clean gas for a half our and then i blow them with mild air pressure, never have problem until now.
anyway its a personal decision how everyone want to clean his saws.

As for them being ********..

Well used bike piston.

30min later out of the us

Or if you like to clean the carbon off titanium 4t valves without destroying the coating on them...
Why need ultrasonic for clean this piston ??????? its so complex part and need special machines or tools for cleaning?

With that same logic, you don't need a chainsaw. An Axe works just as well, its simple and cheaper.

There are lots of things people don't need, but make jobs quicker and easier.

You are missing my Hellenic friends point. He was merely pointing out that an USC is not needed in cleaning case halves or pistons. While it makes the job easier it may not be quicker for all. Case halves get a nice bath in Palmolive and warm water in my parts cleaner. Ever since bubba took his Sunday teeth out of the USC and put in a carb we have done things differently. :innocent:

With that same logic, you don't need a chainsaw. An axe works, its simple and cheaper.

There are lots of things people don't need, but make jobs quicker and easier.
Yes i must agree with you , i will make my life quicker and easier .

Back