Video of a Dead Pine Tree being Cut Down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(from post 18) "The owner of the tree service told me to ask her about her insurance covering the cost of cutting and removing the tree because according to him most insurance companies would rather pay that than pay for the damages after it falls in a storm or high winds"

This is news to me, at least in my neck of the woods. Have had several clients over the years receive notification from their insurance providers that their policy would be cancelled if the homeowner did not get a hazard (dead) tree removed.

The insurance company didn't offer to cover the cost of the pre-emptive removal, lol. Makes sense that "wilful neglect" of a hazard tree would raise the ire of any insurer.

I think we all could have run up and down that tree about ten times before he got it down. That was awesome. I want to be that good someday. Nah maybe not quite that good. Haha

Jeez, you boys are sure giving this guy a hard time. I think Timber probably hit the nail on the head. He was out doing estimates, happened to have a saw on him and figured he'd just take care of the little tree now so he didn't need to make another trip. Sure, there's about a million ways it could have been done safer, and he def looks hackish from this vid, but he got it done w/out incident.

Well, was asked for my thoughts, as was everyone else... My thoughts are the dude looked sloppy and reckless... And I have seen someone break a bone doing exactly what this dude is doing. Never a good idea to intentionally hang a dead tree up then stand under it and cut no matter how you slice it... I guess if you don't want to hear someone's true thoughts and opinions then don't ask.

I probably would have used a rope and wore a hard hat but other than that, I guess I'm a hack cause I have and will hang trees up cause I ain't perfect and ain't none of you guys either, some think they are but they're not....like Blakes said, there's a million ways it could be done but this guy chose to do it that way and got it done without incident....

25 Bucks??

You came closer than you know to having a video that they wouldn't let you show on Utube.

Yeah, maybe it's just me, but I don't think almost getting your head smashed in during a short six and a half minute video, is a real good sign.

At least the saw looked nice and sharp!

What was that thing leaning against the tree?

Latest posts

Back