whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet chips hang up on those door gussets dumping, logs too at times ehh ?

Not enough to matter, really. They're on an angle on the inside, so that helps. When I first got the truck I made the mistake of actually tucking the logs in from the side with the tractor a little bit, then you have a potential issue. Generally they slide out in a pretty tight pile.

Not enough to matter, really. They're on an angle on the inside, so that helps. When I first got the truck I made the mistake of actually tucking the logs in from the side with the tractor a little bit, then you have a potential issue. Generally they slide out in a pretty tight pile.
Yeah I suppose cleaning chips out of them is better than welding cracks. Nice truck though

Yeah I suppose cleaning chips out of them is better than welding cracks.

Pretty much. Southco is doing something different with the newer ones (like the one on my ram), it's seems to help less with strength and catch more chips. Way to go, guys!! Now that's the kind of forward thinking we're all used to today!! Lol

Pretty much. Southco is doing something different with the newer ones (like the one on my ram), it's seems to help less with strength and catch more chips. Way to go, guys!! Now that's the kind of forward thinking we're all used to today!! Lol
I do like the convertible top can it be man handled or must use equipment ?

The cape has been dealing with too much BS and not enough cut, cut lately. Cape no likey.
Yeah; I got that way in winter and remained slow heading into spring so I got a job consulting! Now Im booked out a month of weekend warrior work lol. I think I may like it better that way because when they squalk that's high I can just say, oh my mistake, I thought you could afford the best :p Time will tell if I made right decision but then it was a fairly easy one to make!

I do like the convertible top can it be man handled or must use equipment ?

I've never taken either one off. You would need something to assist. I was thinking that if I ever actually wanted to take them off, that I could weld up some kind of slip on forks attachment for the tractor. They just stay on really. I like the looks of these bodies better than the smooth sided ones. Personal preference , I guess. That and you can screw plywood from the inside to protect the sides if you wanna use it for wood.

Yeah; I got that way in winter and remained slow heading into spring so I got a job consulting! Now Im booked out a month of weekend warrior work lol. I think I may like it better that way because when they squalk that's high I can just say, oh my mistake, I thought you could afford the best :p Time will tell if I made right decision but then it was a fairly easy one to make!

Consulting? Sounds fancified!! What does this entail, exactly? Congrats!!

I've never taken either one off. You would need something to assist. I was thinking that if I ever actually wanted to take them off, that I could weld up some kind of slip on forks attachment for the tractor. They just stay on really. I like the looks of these bodies better than the smooth sided ones. Personal preference , I guess. That and you can screw plywood from the inside to protect the sides if you wanna use it for wood.
Looks well built. I can't see anyone not using a dump for wood lol. Does the end tool box go through body i mean is it roomy can it take all gear needed like the man cabs in the big o trucks ? Essentially a truck like that and full climb gear arsenal and saws is all that really is needed everything else is optional or rent-able crane bucket etc.

Looks well built. I can't see anyone not using a dump for wood lol. Does the end tool box go through body i mean is it roomy can it take all gear needed like the man cabs in the big o trucks ? Essentially a truck like that and full climb gear arsenal and saws is all that really is needed everything else is optional or rent-able crane bucket etc.

Yeah, "though boxes" is what they call them (I think). And yes, they do fit everything needed, small to big saws, all the climb gear+ropes rigging gear, grcs, wraptor... poles. A little tight, but it all fits. There's a little less room in the ram tool boxes, but they fit everything too.

All of us need to retire eventually one way or another. Rope deserves it. He's one of the bad asses on this site.
Haa retire no lol, cut back a bit yup, soon mds will be calling me weekend whuss lol gotta love ole mds. It was simple economics steady income vrs worrying over winning bids! Now I can just stick on my price or go fishin :p

Back