whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok time to get ready to start my week :rock:

What, like a job?

Wife and kid have been driving all over going to gym meets and the car's battery keeps dying intermittently in the mornings in desolate motel parking lots. I had put a battery in it because the old battery had a couple years on it but I knew there was a drain so it went back to the dealer where they told me the battery was bad, put a new one in and tried to give it back.

I asked if he meant the battery had been unruly, misbehaving or just had spoilt. He laughed, I didn't. I explained that " bad" really doesn't exactly define a anything to the point where it could be understood and that maybe some further inspection should be warranted.

They still haven't found the problem and I have been jump starting a pretty new car every morning lately until we have time to take it back. Had to rent a car all of last week.

Wrote this song to the music of " I come from the Land Down Under"

Livin in a bombed out khombi
On a horse farm with a crazy lady

She asked if I fixed the tractor
I said, " no ma-am, its a disaster !

And I'm

Living on a farm with crazy bitches
I got lice, I got itches
Shut my mouth and clean the ditches
I don't know where the hitch is

Cause I'm

I got the lice, I got the itches
There are rats in them there ditches
And I still don't know where the hitch is

And I'm

They gave me lice, they gave me itches
They block my way to the ditches
And I don't give a **** where YOUR hitch is !

Crazy old lesbian (she must be 85 by now) that I haven't worked for in 20 years calls this morning and tells me she will pay me the $450 she still owes me if we will take out some dead shrubs around her place. I told her no thanks, just keep the $450. She was one of the things that almost made me quit this business. Talk about a customer from Hell.

Crazy old lesbian (she must be 85 by now) that I haven't worked for in 20 years calls this morning and tells me she will pay me the $450 she still owes me if we will take out some dead shrubs around her place. I told her no thanks, just keep the $450. She was one of the things that almost made me quit this business. Talk about a customer from Hell.

Dude, you got it EASY! At least you didn't contract LICE! Well, I think its lice. Either way, it sounds like you passed up a hell-of-a-deal.

As I often talk about The Lesbians on Frog Hollow I want everybody to know that I am actually very much afraid of these people. Sure, they like me and a lot, they love my crazy and my dedication, give me liquor and beer when driving the plow... but in the back of my mind I have always been suspicious. I mean, they are lesbians, aren't they supposed to be trying to screw me over?

As I often talk about The Lesbians on Frog Hollow I want everybody to know that I am actually very much afraid of these people. Sure, they like me and a lot, they love my crazy and my dedication, give me liquor and beer when driving the plow... but in the back of my mind I have always been suspicious. I mean, they are lesbians, aren't they supposed to be trying to screw me over?

Oh, they are.

The thought of a threesome on a cold day scares you?

Yeah, a right hook will do it on most, just in front of their ear,
Jeff

Not really. Damn dog, took a step back then came again and again.

I would not try to fight dogs with fists in the head. Weaponless, you have to break legs. Parry then grab a hind one and wrench it while foot in head keeps it from biting you but you probably still will cause they get real feisty by that time. Strong too.

You might get a front leg if you have the time, that has less flex but closer to teeth. Once you put some hurt through a leg the dog starts to realize he can't keep up and might stop so you don't have to really hurt it because punches and kicks, if able to land, don't really dissuade.

You know, some people will just be entertained by the fact that there dog is chasing you down? Boy, do I have a surprise for them. Now THEY want to call the police.

Every time I would see a groundy running from a dog I would call laugh and tell him to turn around. I know nice guys they are don't have fighting the customer's dogs on their bucket list but I don't like to see the groundies in peril, there is not much I can do from up here.

But if a dog is chasing you, stop short and kneel down. By the time the dog makes you he'll be trying to figure out what just happened and you'll have him. I used to use that one on the bigger kids but they said it wasn't fair. I dunno, it always seemed to me, as I watched their fumbling stumbling eyes, throat, etc, go by, that they were lucky to still be able to breathe normaly.

And that's what I tell my client's!

Being a doctor I have been trained to soothe and consul a traumatized client after seeing their dog get broken in two seconds flat.

One time.... oh nevermind.

But it did take years of experience and hard training to be able to time a punch to a bulldog's head. You know anyone else that could do that? If you do you better tell me, we should meet!

I'd nail my own dog too! Not going stand there and watch him chase someone or another dog down. Which he did from time to time. Other dogs once in a while and them skateboarders, man! Dog jess gonna yank that thing out from under whoever , where ever and when ever. Wasn't interested in biting the people just wanted to eat the skateboard wheels but try telling that to some skater kid who just got his head bounced off the pavement. Should've had a helmet anyway.

Once he got a board he would take it under the oleander, lay down with it in his paws and chewed the indestructible skateboard wheel down to the bearings.

I'm starting to cry because I miss him. Crossed this country with him time after time year after year, sometimes on the thumb.

I am about to get another but he was so great I don't know and I remember what dirty bastards they are and I don't know if I can commit to giving a pet the love and attention it would need.

image.jpeg Finally getting this place in control. I think that's the fifth load of wood, and I lost track of chips. My stump guy came after this pic and jammed out four big pine stumps while I was dumping. I loaded them up before the all day soaker we're supposed to get today (again). This has been a nice job to get the blood pumping,,, just the weather and the tards have been fighting me. Lol,, no, I am just kidding, they're good guys.

View attachment 570905 Finally getting this place in control. I think that's the fifth load of wood, and I lost track of chips. My stump guy came after this pic and jammed out four big pine stumps while I was dumping. I loaded them up before the all day soaker we're supposed to get today (again). This has been a nice job to get the blood pumping,,, just the weather and the tards have been fighting me. Lol,, no, I am just kidding, they're good guys.
Haha looks cold there we been in the 80s already here:p Ok off to the job :dancing:

Its been real windy and I take my phone to bed. The other night around 1 it rings, its the farm owner, Beth... or as I call her - Bethy Baby, you crazy ****ing *****, get out of my way already and stop asking me why yer **** is all ****ed up.

I do too. And I have fixed a lot of ****ed up **** at that farm.

So she asks if I am at the farm, which I'm not, but if I was would I go get the keys out of her son's girlfriend's truck because they are fighting and they don't want her to take it.

WHAT!? Di, di, di... huh? what? uh, uh, uh. WHAT!? What the **** are you...? Bu, di, jah, huh? BETH? BYE!

I can't wait til they start pulling stuff like on Ropes at his new job.

Did they give you one of those new phones Ropes? Maybe you already have one but don't realize its full potential and that is to run you right back to your 40 acres and never leave again. I surely don't wish it but be careful out there.

And I am so sorry to sound so derogative about everything.

Definitely was off our game today. I was on, but the ground guys were complete dodos. One drove the truck with the pto on, the other had no idea how to tie a sheet bend or how to use the grcs. He's been with us for a year.
Broke silky pole saw extension.
Dropped a post and a flying squirrel nest was in it. He mama was freaking out so I took her babies and put them in a birdhouse she flew into. I think they'll be ok.
The homeowners made us coffee and 20 minutes later everyone had to run for toilet paper.

Oh, and I'm in over my head with the job. $$$. Oh well. Another day done.

What an awesome day of sales! I think I was out there for close to twelve hours!! Almost feels like all the other treeguys have been vaporized, and only the MDS is left for them to choose from. lol.

I did stop to interview a kid quick. This guy is actually a friends son. Twenty three, in killer shape, did five years in the marines - and the best part? The MDS actually like him (always liked his old man too)!! Oh, and he can drive standard and has a clean license. It's about ****ing time!! God, what a gaggle of lose-bags out there!!! This one, I have a good feeling about.

What an awesome day of sales! I think I was out there for close to twelve hours!! Almost feels like all the other treeguys have been vaporized, and only the MDS is left for them to choose from. lol.

I did stop to interview a kid quick. This guy is actually a friends son. Twenty three, in killer shape, did five years in the marines - and the best part? The MDS actually like him (always liked his old man too)!! Oh, and he can drive standard and has a clean license. It's about ****ing time!! God, what a gaggle of lose-bags out there!!! This one, I have a good feeling about.
congrats on the sales day. the other tree guys haven't vaporized, they are out in force fighting for the same trees, driving the price down in the most expensive state to do business in.

Back