When you think you have seen everything....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboymoe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just came back from my local gun shop and couldn't believe what they had in stock. It was a Mossberg 500 series pump action shotgun called the "Chainsaw". It has a handle like a chainsaw that attaches to the forward slide which loops over the barrel. I thought I had seen everthing in firearms, but this is a new twist, The model number is 50460.

It is. It has a pistol grip only and holds 6 rounds. My buddies at the gun shop called me down there just to show it to me, because they know I like chainsaws. I remember seeing an AR15 with a weedwacker attachment. Some people just have too much time on their hands for sure!

Chainsaw.jpg

<iframe width="960" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZaY2DhAHMRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Get Sum!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W2H2peoX174" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If....

..now what would be interesting is if it had a real chainsaw bar and chain, in place of like a bayonet. It has to work, too....even just like an eight inch bar, something....

I was thinking of a shotgun I wanted to build once when I worked in a gunshop..never built it but..here's the idea. It's a bullpup semi, with a forearm strap/brace. Something like a wrist rocket brace, but say a strap, velcro would work, so it locks in good. The action sits over your arm, with the balance point right there in your grip, so you can truly use it one handed. Plus, being semi, it would help with the recoil to keep it controllable. That beretta action would be nice to start with...

That's the weak link on pump combat shotguns, no way to use one one handed..not easily anyway, you know what I mean. If one hand or arm gets injured, that's it, you got an awkward club to use.

This has been posted before but I guess the search function has gone belly up. A pistol grip on a Mossberg makes no sence with a tang safety. I would like to find the line launching kit for a Mossberg.

Mossberg got kinda gimmicky with their marketing department(see the "tactical" .22 with the muzzle break) but some of their ideas are kind of unique and useful. I kind of dig this, it would really reduce muzzle jump from high recoil slug and buckshot loads. I was always a fan of the 500 platform and especially the vulnerable "JIC" pistol grip version. You would struggle to find a stronger and more reliable shotgun at a higher price.

Back