why I hate oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlfanboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2nd oak I ever delt with and it's not as bad as the first one... found this pin oak out in the woods in an area I'm just starting to cut In. Me and the ex farther inlaw cut it up in about an hour with the 391 and the 500p. The 391 surprisingly went right thought it. Hauled two loads out that day on the trailer I made just for this tree cause the smaller one doesn't like creeks that well. 20160127_164605.jpg 20160127_164626.jpg 20160128_224901.jpg2nd day I towed the splitter back there and quarterd the trunk up cause the wedges and sledgehammer just kinda laughed at me... all went well other then a sore back. Snapchat-6063127618474660394.jpg Snapchat-1571887986961827390.jpg Snapchat-1427320048671279590.jpg There's the 250 with an 18 inch bar.
Day 3... didn't listen to the older wise guy and make a trail to the tree like he suggested... first load crossed the creek at a bad point. Buried the trailer, had to unload and reload half a rick cause the 700 just spun all for tires with the wood on it. 3rd trip back ran over a good size limb I didn't see. Ripped a cv boot off a 6 month old 4wheeler. Yamaha didn't put a arm guards on the lowest level Kodiak 700 witch really pissis me off...
Day four. Toke the 700 to get fixed, toke the grizzly 660 out to the woods. Only had an hour or so so I cut a trail probably half mile long to the tree. Needed it anyways as there's another 3 or 4 cord of dead stuff on that side of the woods.
Today. Went to start the 660 and of course even with a freshly rebuild carb it doesn't start when it's 20 out... gunna try again later. Still have about a cord and a half of this oak to get. And a good size maple it took the top off that needs cut. Hopefully more pics to if my days go better with this tree.

2nd oak I ever delt with and it's not as bad as the first one... found this pin oak out in the woods in an area I'm just starting to cut In. Me and the ex farther inlaw cut it up in about an hour with the 391 and the 500p. .
EX fil?? dang man,,he must be a man of stature, to know whats right and wrong!! glad you and him are still friends.......

Well I hate oak because it's always hard to find and when I do its a complete pain in the ass. And the pin oak I'm burning now really don't burn any better then the hickory. And yes I hate creeks with a passion. Have 3 on the land I cut on and hate them all so much

EX fil?? dang man,,he must be a man of stature, to know whats right and wrong!! glad you and him are still friends.......

Grandsons and I ate supper with the x inlaws Wednesday evening, I finally got over feeling weird about it. Cut a white oak this morning, been standing dead for about 8 years. Maybe the hardest wood I have ever put a chain into

Me and my ex father inlaw have an odd relationship. I bought his house from him when he gave up farming and moved to Florida. Now he's moved back after a year because he didn't like it down there. So he lives with me till he can afford to live somewhere witch may never happen. But he helps with a lot of things and his daughter hates me for reasons I still can figure out. The current wife and her family say it's weird but I don't see it

2nd oak I ever delt with and it's not as bad as the first one... found this pin oak out in the woods in an area I'm just starting to cut In. Me and the ex farther inlaw cut it up in about an hour with the 391 and the 500p. The 391 surprisingly went right thought it. Hauled two loads out that day on the trailer I made just for this tree cause the smaller one doesn't like creeks that well. View attachment 483883 View attachment 483884 View attachment 4838852nd day I towed the splitter back there and quarterd the trunk up cause the wedges and sledgehammer just kinda laughed at me... all went well other then a sore back. View attachment 483886 View attachment 483887 View attachment 483888 There's the 250 with an 18 inch bar.
Day 3... didn't listen to the older wise guy and make a trail to the tree like he suggested... first load crossed the creek at a bad point. Buried the trailer, had to unload and reload half a rick cause the 700 just spun all for tires with the wood on it. 3rd trip back ran over a good size limb I didn't see. Ripped a cv boot off a 6 month old 4wheeler. Yamaha didn't put a arm guards on the lowest level Kodiak 700 witch really pissis me off...
Day four. Toke the 700 to get fixed, toke the grizzly 660 out to the woods. Only had an hour or so so I cut a trail probably half mile long to the tree. Needed it anyways as there's another 3 or 4 cord of dead stuff on that side of the woods.
Today. Went to start the 660 and of course even with a freshly rebuild carb it doesn't start when it's 20 out... gunna try again later. Still have about a cord and a half of this oak to get. And a good size maple it took the top off that needs cut. Hopefully more pics to if my days go better with this tree.
Got stuck,had to unload,move,reload.That's exactly why I don't buck and split in the woods.I skid the log after doing a partial limbing,being careful to raise the butt end a few inches off the ground to keep it out of the mud.

Got stuck,had to unload,move,reload.That's exactly why I don't buck and split in the woods.I skid the log after doing a partial limbing,being careful to raise the butt end a few inches off the ground to keep it out of the mud.
I use to do that with my old allis chalmers but that was hard on her and in the summer the mowers on and winter to plow witch both take time to remove. I pulled a 20 foot by 2 foot round cotton wood just fine thought. This is the first time I've gotta the quad stuck. Probably won't be the last but I feel safer then skidding.

Well I hate oak because it's always hard to find and when I do its a complete pain in the ass. And the pin oak I'm burning now really don't burn any better then the hickory. And yes I hate creeks with a passion. Have 3 on the land I cut on and hate them all so much

So much hatred. Perhaps you should move to a city and work behind a desk. Anyone that gets so mad about creeks and trees belongs in a tall office building with a tie around his neck. :p

No Oak doesn't really burn any better than Hickory, but is Hickory less a pain in the ass for you?

So much hatred. Perhaps you should move to a city and work behind a desk. Anyone that gets so mad about creeks and trees belongs in a tall office building with a tie around his neck. :p
I get enough weird looks and people saying go back to west Virginia as it is. They would be confused if I wore a suit and drove this...20160205_145102.jpg 20160205_145046.jpgGo fast hood pins from hitting a semi, replacement home made bed, and a squirrel tail required on all my trucks antennas. I get some weird looks in Cleveland...

Back