Worlds tallest tree climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
posted this exact same link to Utube a few days ago in champion tree forum.

very strange... it got deleted?

I dunno...

How do you check your anchor point ? If you shoot a line into the tree with a crossbow at those distances you could put the line across a questionable branch and not know it . Maybe use binoculars ? I'd have to be sure , you're working with a single anchor point and some extreme heights.

That would really be something! About 450 feet up:dizzy: . Thanks for the link! Good Stuff!

They tape dropped it at 379.5 feet

reachtreeservi said:
How do you check your anchor point ? If you shoot a line into the tree with a crossbow at those distances you could put the line across a questionable branch and not know it . Maybe use binoculars ? I'd have to be sure , you're working with a single anchor point and some extreme heights.

They're doing an SRT ground anchor/trunk tie so they're not isolating the branch. They have the protection of all the substantial branches captured by the rope. Doesn't mean bad things can't happen but it's a good start. There is always the possibility of shock loading if the primary branch breaks out. They do bounce loading on the TIP before climbing up. Probably the biggest risk is a dislodged hanger following the rope down to the climber.
-moss

i was hoping for an 8 foot tall tree climber, a little disapointed im not going to lie ha ha

I was gonna ask how you get a line up that high. You just answered my question.

They tape dropped it at 379.5 feet

They're doing an SRT ground anchor/trunk tie so they're not isolating the branch. They have the protection of all the substantial branches captured by the rope. Doesn't mean bad things can't happen but it's a good start. There is always the possibility of shock loading if the primary branch breaks out. They do bounce loading on the TIP before climbing up. Probably the biggest risk is a dislodged hanger following the rope down to the climber.
-moss

Remember in the book The Wild Trees about the piano size chunk falling down?

I'd imagine that not being close to an anchor point would be just one more reason for people to stay out of these tallest trees unless they had a good reason.

But the potential dislodging of debris seems to be the greater hazard.

Back