You know what getts me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
do you all know what gripes my butt real bad? well i tell ya what it is.and thats a seller on e-bay take and sell me a saw and i pay for it and everything.and then about 2 weeks later when your waiting on it you get a message in your e-bay message inbox telling you that the seller is goin to keep it and he rufunds your money.when you have been waiting on this saw for almost 3 weeks and it hasn't showed up yet.and thats just p****** me off highly as all get out i started once to go out to my truck and go tot the gas staiton and gas it up and go pay this guy a vist.but i cooled down before it went that far because i got to thinkin if i done that i would be in jail for a cuple of months for assault on him.dang i feel better and sorry fellers i just had to vent for a minute

You do you that he's still under contract to give you the saw. Don't matter if he wants to send you free money or not. He has to sell it if you win it. Ebay rules. Hit him with a big NEG

well i been looking for a saw like this for quite some time now and i findly found one and he does that to me.it was a remington sportsman special 82cc left hand and he does this because he wanted to keep it because it didn't bring that much money s*** if i done that i would be kicked off e-bay for good.i left him a big fat neg feedback and i reported him to e-bay as well

Sorry man if you want the wildthing that bad I will send it to you:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL it just made me mad as all get out about that remington saw that guy sold and then sent my money back and said he's goin to keep it in big bold letters.but how much you want for it bud i'll see what i got left i bought me a used top handed husky 335 xtp off e-bay before i knew he sent my money back

LOL i wouldn't blame you for not having one of them they are just too small to do any fire wood cutting with unless your goin to cutt the limbs off with it

You know what man? That really chaps my azz too. Sellers are too cheap to use the reserve option and just stiff folks if they don't get what they want. If I would not take less then 50 bucks for a saw then that is where I would start the bidding. I have made costly mistakes on Ebay but I have always followed through with the sale because that is what Ebay, and the buyer, expects me to do.

yea thats me but thats why i never sold on e-bay because i don't know what i'm doin on there.but when i win something i exspet to get what i paied for and this guy just went and done this afther 3 weeks of waiting on it.and that chapps my arse more then anything else ever has

A man is only as good as his word.

It seems in this day and age it's easier to get away from this little bit of truth, but still it holds true.

I guess you just have to walk away sometimes, knowing that if he didn't keep his word.. well, he's a ______--- yeah, what GASoline said.. and good on you Roanoker for making costly mistakes, but following through.

and I don't see any problem with a high reserve-- if you don't want to sell it for X dollars, don't start lower than that..

Granted, I've never sold nor bought a thing off of the bay..

I would imagine that waiting for three weeks just to find out you were getting stiffed would make it sting a little more. I have only had two problems on Ebay over the years. First was way back when I paid and the seller never shipped the items, this was well before buyer protection came around. The second was not to long ago when a seller decided I got a saw to cheap and he/she doubled the shipping after the auction ended, even sent me a message stating the shipping was raise because it sold to cheap. Problem was the listed shipping cost was already twice what it was going to cost for the saw to be shipped.

I would imagine that waiting for three weeks just to find out you were getting stiffed would make it sting a little more. .

yep, can you imagine if you buying from a regular store, they had the item you just purchased in stock when you bought it and didn't ship it for three weeks... that alone would likely cause the business to fail, but then to say after three weeks.. "uhh sorry man, I don't think I want to sell this item anymore, here's your money back...."

Grrrrr That does suck. I feel for you dh...

yea thats me but thats why i never sold on e-bay because i don't know what i'm doin on there.but when i win something i exspet to get what i paied for and this guy just went and done this afther 3 weeks of waiting on it.and that chapps my arse more then anything else ever has
What's his Ebay user name? He sounds like one to avoid.

I guess I have a story that is the total opposite. I used to keep pretty close tabs on newly listed stihl items a few years back. Anyhow, one day I seen a TS400 listed with a BIN of 1c plus shipping from a pawn shop in Florida. I ended up buying it quick and paying for it via paypal. The next day I get a message from a worker there stating that someone hacked his account and that he can't follow through with it. I knew he accidentally put a BIN of 1c instead of a starting bid of 1c, but I said thats fine and just refund my money when he can. I didn't get my refund so after a couple of days I emailed the seller out of spite and said did you send my saw out yet? Well it ended up being someone else at the store that had access to the account also and they said no, but it will be going out today and they sent me a tracking number. Sure enough in few days I had a real nice 1c + shipping TS400. To top it off the original guy did finally end up refunding me so I paid nothing for it.

This A-hole.
Member id saws-giver

Sounds like it should be "saws-giver & taker"......

My response to the seller would have been that he entered into a binding contract and that his only option was to sell the saw, no ifs, ands or buts.

I once had a seller stiff me on a vintage STP display rack. They were about an hour from me but would not give me an address to pick up the item and never shipped it. I sent several e-mails and finally a certified letter and hit them with negative feedback.

The response I got was I never paid, but my check had been cashed three weeks previously. I called the local sheriff and filed a complaint and he sent a deputy out to speak with them and I ultimately got a refund.

To the original poster, I do not know what type of a vehicle you drive, but it would take many tanks of fuel to cover the 2750 miles from you to the seller in British Columbia.

The big problem I have with ebay is when they withold payment until you receive positive feedback for an item. They expect you to ship the item before you get paid for it. When they put holds on payments through paypal, I have cancelled sales due to their policy. This applies mostly to expensive electronics. They are trying to protect the buyer but expecting shipment before payment is not the way I do business. If the buyer doesn't leave feedback, you get your money in up to two weeks. If you receive negative feedback for some reason, the buyer has your item and ebay has your money. You have no ability to protect yourself. That is why I mostly sell small items on ebay that are less than $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back