Your worst chainsaw injury

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odog, do you have any pic's? I though towingace had the best story, untill yours. I think I woulda bought old lazy eye a bottle of bourban after putting my face back together
I have a couple pics of after he patched me back up. I'll dig them up and scan em onto the computer and post them. He was a damn good doc! I was impressed.

Ok here's the only pic I have, I had to take a pic of it because my scanner crapped out. Anyway this is the day after surgery. It looks normal now, after the graft took the doc trimmed it all up so it looks normal now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
My ex wife and I had a fight and her parting words were, "I hope a tree falls on your stupid head", sure enough I got hit in the shoulder with a thrown back rock maple limb. Lots of blood, but just squewered thru several layers of clothing.
No real biggy, but I think I got layed that night after playing the sympathy card.
John

I once was cutting up ash in the back of my truck to stove length, one handed like an idiot (200t) and had a kick back that caught me middle finger on my left hand. How it only caught that 1 finger I'll never know? But I learned a very valuable lesson that day. Not to be in a hurry while cutting and to use both hands on the saw at all times unless I'm up in the tree and it's an absolute necessity to to use just one hand. I knew that already but the accident definitely woke me up. Went down to the bone and thank god the saw was not at full revs! I respect that little guy (200t) more than my 660!!

Those little trim saws get more respect than my 088.. Never been cut by any other saw than my little 192. I was using it one handed to cut up some small 2-3" limbs for a co-worker and dropped it through right on the top of my leg, oddly enough it hit right at the bar tip and tipped it back away from the flesh. Still got two little marks in the shape of that bar tip I see every time I wear shorts..

Another 192 got my buddy this weekend, we were working to clear trails for ATV's on some pretty rough terrain. He set the saw down without using the chain brake and reached over the blade while still turning five stitches along his wrist and blood was everywhere.

Those little trim saws get more respect than my 088.. Never been cut by any other saw than my little 192. I was using it one handed to cut up some small 2-3" limbs for a co-worker and dropped it through right on the top of my leg, oddly enough it hit right at the bar tip and tipped it back away from the flesh. Still got two little marks in the shape of that bar tip I see every time I wear shorts..

Another 192 got my buddy this weekend, we were working to clear trails for ATV's on some pretty rough terrain. He set the saw down without using the chain brake and reached over the blade while still turning five stitches along his wrist and blood was everywhere.

Same here lol! I have NEVER so much as cut my finger even while sharpening chains with any other of my saws lol

Back