How a MS880 should come from the factory: Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a MS880 here for mods. The first order of business was getting rid of the rev-limited coil and carb. The coil was replaced with a new one for a 088. The carb was replaced with one off a 084, ultrasonically cleaned, and a kit installed. The only other mods so far was to the muffler. I simply extended the factory deflector and enlarged the exit hole several times larger than it was. Even with the spark arrestor screen replaced, it's still probably flowing as much as the deflector will allow. I've got the saw tuned to 13,000 here. The chain could use a touchup, but you can still see how the saw's running. It's wearing a 36" .404 full-comp RSC chain.

EDIT: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO REPLACE THE CARB ON THIS GENERATION OF 880.

Last edited:
I dont know if I am buying these video's....

are you sure thats not a "green screen" behind you??:hmm3grin2orange:

WHERE IS THE WIND???:laugh:

That's gonna be a nice saw Hal, great for those old hard liveoaks.

It will get 404 .063 full comp chain for now. Have a 24 and a 47 inch bar on hand.

Would like to try a 8 pin sprocket but the Stihl part is no longer available.

Hal

Yea those bar and chain for em sure are proud of them...I bought mine set up for 3/8 but could only get hard nose..for another 41in. sprocket nose 179.00

I run 3/8 on mine. All you need is sprocket tip 3003 650 2539 and an 8-pin rim, LINK. Is the 47" a hard nose bar?

its the price of the bar that will make you choke I am selling my 361 just to outfit the 880..lol the woodland pro bar I under standing is its a cannon bar?

There is a guy on e-bay selling long bars right now. He might have what you need. But you would probably have to change to a .404 sprocket.

Hal

I do not want to go 404 sprocket one big reason it will not fit my cyclone wheel and there more than the woodland pro bar 179.00 vs 250.00 And Iam using this saw for milling black walnut mainly, need the smaller kerf.

Latest posts

Back