Hydraulic filter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppermouse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
All the numbers are worn off the filter on my huskee 22 ton spliter. Does anyone know what filter I need?

My 22 ton Speeco Splitmaster splitter (which I believe is the same as the Huskee) uses any one of the following:
Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023 (Which is the one my TSC stocked)
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

Locoweed is right it was in the manual.

I think Skid Row is right also - 25 micron.

Got mine at NAPA. I had no numbers but did have some of the specs. Filter came in and was a direct replacement from what I could match up.

my huskee 22

napa filter 1553 $ 8.00 or $9.00 I think TSC was I think a bit more $15.00

25 micron is pretty coarse, even for simple gear pump circuits.

Standard spin on cans are usually SAE 1 inch 12 thds/inch center post. (Some are metric, differeent animal totally). Can buy them at almost any equipment shop.
I use the NAPA Gold 1259, 10 micron. I change it every year. For $10 it is cheap insurance.

kcj

Cross 1A9023 is whats on mine, (but its a homemade splitter). However Im switching to Napa (Wix) from now on. Wix makes the best quality filter on the market in my opinion.

I had a TSC filter leak around the seam. Now use NAPA 1553 on my Swisher 22 ton, no problems.

attachment.php

I had a filter head bypass valve fail and become lodged in the downstream plumbing. This was a cross brand head. I stepped up to a higher psi bypass head.

higher bypass just means more spring pressure on the bypass before it opens. doesn't mean the head is stronger.
May have been a fluke deal, may have been low quality.
Usually the 'nail' looking thing has several grooves in it: clip closest to the end = least spring compression, used for suction (maybe, but not recommended) about 3 psi. Next groove is 10-15 psi bypass, last groove maybe 25-50 psi bypass depending on brand.

Which one is used depends on the strength of the filter element to before the pleats collapse.
Operating pressure is based on can strength or seal blowing up. Usually 100-250 psi. Differential pressure is the pressure drop across the pleats before they collapse, usually 50-75 psi.

Unfortunately they are built to cost, too many corners are cut.

Any consolation, we have a fleet of railroad maintenance equipment and the high pressure hydrostatic filters unscrew the bypass valves, or break parts, just like yours did. And these filters are $1000 each. Just due to shock and vibration. Parts move downstream, block the flow,cause caviation, and destroy motors that cost $5000 each. Been testing many different brands. All have had failures, sometimes 5 years, sometimes 5 months....

Back