Did a power mod on my Jonsered 49sp!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Did a power mod on my Jonsered 49sp!

I've owned this saw for more than 10 years. I haven't really used it that much....occasional cutting for the inlaws which was the "reason" :) I gave to my wife when I found it at the garage sale.

Well I was looking for numbers on the carb. Boy is that carb packed in there. I had the air filter off and instead of doing the tapping to clean it, I put it in the sink with a bit of Dawn. You know....that filter is suppose to be white! I also filed the rakers.

I've been thinking that this thing is a bit under powered.

All of the time I've owned this thing it hasn't been able to breath! Now it has power to spare and I'm not having problems with the chain stalling out even with the rakers lowered so the chain is getting a better bite.

I'm learning .....slowly....but it's coming!

I spend way too much time on this site! But hay....I'm keeping my pro$pain$ furnace off because of burning wood.

I enjoy reading what others have posted (that is when they stay on topic!:dizzy: ) :)

Dan

That's great. I'm sure your heating bill with Propane would be horrible. I used to live just south of you. Fenton, Ia!! It's cold there in the winters and we used to heat a huge farm house off of HYW 15. It sucked then and the propane costs were way less...

Latest posts

Back