025 dies immediately.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Hi

I fixed up a saw I found. It had some problems and I fix them. Used the saw no problems. Last week I was going to use it for some cleanup and it just will not run. All oem.

I just don't have enough luck with this one. I put a wt215 on it when I fixed it up. Pressure vacuum fuel hose and tank vac new oem.

When I start it you hear it wanting to die and it will if you let it. It will not crank back up until much later. So I figured it was the coil and i put a factory extra I have on it. No difference.

I started it and would not let it die, kept throttle on it. I think I hear some popping and took my finger off and it took a dive and quit.

I tested my vent again. I just can not figure this out. I put a new plug on it. Fuel is high quality.

So it will start at the top of the day. Starts after about 5 pulls, pops after two. Runs, dies as soon as the throttle is released. Will not crank back up until next day. If I keep trying you can hear it wanting to start. Should I make it it does the same thing and dies. I might could keep it running maybe by just not letting off but what good is that.

It's like it being starved for fuel. The tank has been emptied out several times for testing. The filter was new too. It ran great for several weeks. I took the brand new carb apart and flushed everything. I thought that slight popping I heard might be coil related and that's when I changed the coil for a new one. My gap is right and lines up properly between the coil and flywheel. Worked great for a few weeks. Does not make sense.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Will it run on it's side with gas cap opened?
Thanks, Good question but having to hold the throttle open I could not do what you ask. It would be dead before I could crack the cap. If you are going in the vent direction. The fuel line and filter are open and the vent works. I even changed the vents out just in case. My seals are clean and dry and it passed a vacuum test.

You can see where I am going, I eliminate the obvious and still can not see light

Where did that carb come from? Intermittent operation could be a stuck/sticking main nozzle check valve. If it sticks open it won't idle but will run fine on the top end. If it sticks closed it'l start and idle fine but won't rev up.

Where did that carb come from? Intermittent operation could be a stuck/sticking main nozzle check valve. If it sticks open it won't idle but will run fine on the top end. If it sticks closed it'l start and idle fine but won't rev up.
Walbro, everything is oem, no parts are suspect. I have an new aftermarket carb I could strap on it

When the trouble started and like I say above I pulled the carb and sprayed all the channels with carb cleaner. Even though the carb was new with only several tanks of gas through it. The carb very well could be the problem. Objectively I have looked at every angle and we know there actually is a lot of angles. Do you have any thoughts on the popping I am hearing at open throttle. To me that shouted coil and when I put that Ducati on it but no change. The vent change out should have nailed it.

Thank you

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Strap on the other carb and get back to us.

usually when you have to let one rest several hours and cool off to get a re-start they are flooding.

Sounds like carb issues. (assuming your manifold boot, pulse lines and fuel lines are ok.

Be aware that I don't trust aftermarket carbs for a final fix. I just use them to get a test run or see if the symptoms change then I go to OEM for my Stihls.

Strap on the other carb and get back to us.

usually when you have to let one rest several hours and cool off to get a re-start they are flooding.

Sounds like carb issues. (assuming your manifold boot, pulse lines and fuel lines are ok.

Be aware that I don't trust aftermarket carbs for a final fix. I just use them to get a test run or see if the symptoms change then I go to OEM for my Stihls.
Will do

You did not clearly understand. I can get it restarted it's just harder than it should be, likely from me holding it open to keep it running and then it just quits with a load of fuel in the cylinder making it hard to start. Sort of a difference.

I use a lot of am stuff. But several saws i have are all oem including my 025 if they start that way, I keep them like that.

I reread what I wrote and I feel and write it is starving for fuel which is bad to run under. I thought each step would be the fix.

Once more then, the carb.

thank you

Bedford is this the saw you did the video on?
Did you ever put a correct tank vent on it.?
If I remember correctly you used an AM carb on it. Some of these carbs work great but some fail.
I've had pretty good luck with the one I'm running on my 021.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Bedford is this the saw you did the video on?
Did you ever put a correct tank vent on it.?
If I remember correctly you used an AM carb on it. Some of these carbs work great but some fail.
I've had pretty good luck with the one I'm running on my 021.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yep. And no I used a walbro and a oem vent. Modified it like the 250. Hope that firms up what is in use and removed it from the conversation. I will report back when I changed out the walbro

2d507a3a30e83d1b87fff47e77d587f1.jpg

Mine acted that way once, it was a deteriorated fuel line. You might have to look pretty hard to find the hole. Bad impulse line would act about the same way.

Mine acted that way once, it was a deteriorated fuel line. You might have to look pretty hard to find the hole. Bad impulse line would act about the same way.
The impluse line I did not check just because you have to pull the handle. I have written already that the vent was upgraded and the fuel hose and pickup are new. I tried the aftermarket carb and all it would do fire. Never started. The orginial fuel hose was terrible.

I will pull the handle and check. Let the thread fall till I come back and report. The sun's out and it's drying and I have a lot to do. Tearing the saw vs. being outside saw loses right now.lol

Thanks, I felt bad not changing out the impulse but those handles are a pita. Shoulda known better.

Thank guys

Back