025 oiler vent replacement?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lineman77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for the plug that should be in the vent tube for the bar oiler. Went to my local Stihl dealer and the dumb :censored: told me that he couldn't get the part and to put a screw in the hole. Hope someone can help me out. thanks.

Vent tube?

If you are talking about the plug that faces to the front to the left (facing muffler) of the muffler, put a threaded plug in it... that part is thermally welded at the factory when the case is hot, and not available as a spare part. So.. he's not a dumb ass at all... I use stihl part 0000 951 5815 - 1/4 inch grub screw.

If you're talking about the oil tank vent that is by the bar studs, that's part number 1128 640 9100.

coat it in red lock tight for sealing purpose and leave it about 1/16" from flush to be sure you do not close off the passage way.

You don't want to pis s him off, never call a Stihl dealer that...............

Now a Husky dealer, have at it. We do not have any Husky "expert/saints"
here, so the inverse does not apply.

Might have to do with the Husqvarna/Poulan, Lowes/Sears/Tractor Supply thing, not many Husky dealers left...................

Latest posts

Back