Stihl 029 super vent hose routing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I started working on my cousins Stihl 029 super chainsaw a couple years ago rebuilding the engine. YES, that is right a couple years ago as it wasn't at the top of either of our list of importance. I am in the process of moving and found this thing in the corner and it needs put back together to get back to him. I have started putting it back together and put the trigger case on and found the fuel tank vent hose hanging out the side and for the life of me cannot remember how it was routed back into the saw. I have the fuel line and the impulse hoses through the case as well as the wiring through the grommet but do not see where this black fuel tank vent hose with the vent thing at the top goes in the case. I can't seem to find anything about it in and of itself either but do see them for the 029 just sticking up through a hole in the case. This saw does not have such a hole in the case for this vent tube which is also pretty long with the hose having what looks like the vent at the top of it. This would make getting it through such a small hole in the case pretty difficult unless that must be removed and even at that there is nowhere I can see to feed it through from the outside into the inside of the case. I'd like to put it back the way it came out but for the life of me this old mind cannot seem to figure it out.

The hose looks identical to the first reply by HarleyT. The hose is still attached to the fuel tank but hanging out the right side of the cylinder cover. It does appear to be long enough to go across the top of the carb to the right side of it but see nothing for it to attach to along the way. Does it just hang in the cylinder cover housing?

Got it. Thank you, I'll have to look at the thing again to see if that crab screw cover is even there.

Latest posts

Back