025 won't run. help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris ham

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
pickled up an 025 on ebay.The saw was not fireing.replaced the coil and am getting fire now.saw will not run.Does not fire spraying mixed gas or starting fluid directly in the carb.Changed fuel line and filter,carb,changed plug multiple times,coil gap I used a business card.Did a leak and vacume test appears ok.Tried to do a compression test but gauge screws in to far.Holding rope and dropping saw spears ok.Piston looks good through he muffler port (help)

Just finished an MS250 and it wants to flood for unknown reasons. I can get it to idle fairly well, but the idle jet has to be turned in to about 1/4 turn from seated. I've checked all the usual suspects and am still hunting. I've heard that these saws have a tendency toward flooding. Was your spark plug wet when you changed it? If so, check the causes of too much fuel/ too little air.

I changed the plug so many times I do not know if it was wet or not.I probably did flood it as long as I messed with it.Can't you unfold one by unhooking the gas line and pulling the cord.I also sprayed compressed air in it through the muffler port.I figured out my compression gauge you can unscrew the tip and it gives you shorter threads.Compression was 130 AND 135 psi.I also have a 021 that runs good.I CHECKED IT AND IT WAS 135.

The only my 250 will start is to stick oxy-acy. torch in plug hole to warm up cylinder real good then heat plug with torch then quickly slap back together before it cools down!!---USUALLY this works the first or second try, but have had to go 3 times and then you are ready to cut, stop and start all day,---just dont let it cool down too long! thanks; sonny580

I hope i dont have to use the torch method would be a lot of trouble.The 021 is basically the same and runs like a top.I'm trying to upgrade my saw arsenal.Got ready to cut wood awhile back and was down to zero.Currently I have an 029,021,husky 240 running.Rebuilding an 039,Trying to fix an 021

Tried turning saw over and pulling nothing dripped out.Spark is red should it be blue.Plug did not appear wet

put an aftermarket coil and carb on it new.Took the aftermarket carb off and put a kit in The stihl .Still will not run.Getting fire to the plug.Spraying gas in the carb.Will not even act like it wants to run.Acts like it is flooded or not getting spark.I know the plug is firing

If you have fire and can't get a pop and 2 sec run with fuel in plug hole....gotta be 1. compression or 2. key sheared.

compression is 135 .checked an 021 that I have it is also 135 on my gauge .The 021 runs great.Flywheel key is not sheared.

put an aftermarket coil and carb on it new.Took the aftermarket carb off and put a kit in The stihl .Still will not run.Getting fire to the plug.Spraying gas in the carb.Will not even act like it wants to run.Acts like it is flooded or not getting spark.I know the plug is firing
What carb settings did you use?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back