026 confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVYTWR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys, New guy here.

I just bought a 026 non PRO from my brother in law for $100. It has the clear fuel tank and a red switch. It does not have a compression release but it Does have an adjustable oiler. I thought that only the pro models had the adjustable oiler?? I'm confused. Love the saw though!

Thanks

no I don't think it was ever replaced, I will make sure though. If it had been, then the top cover was also replaced and even the air filter cover would have been replaced (the air filter cover has the little blue sticker with the picture of earmuffs on top of it, not the pro sticker)

If I was to post the serial number here would someone be able to tell me the details of this saw?

Lots of 026's and 026 Pro's out their, never know how they
have mixed and matched, this week, I put an Pro oiler
on an non-Pro saw. Really didn't need adj. oiler
but had all the parts laying around......also put newer style
bigger (44.7mm) OEM PC kit on same saw.

Yea I have the non pro version that has the stupid non-adjustable high jet carb..:bang:

Get the adjustable WT-194 carb for it. They're still manufactured, easy to find and not very expensive.

Yea I have the non pro version that has the stupid non-adjustable high jet carb..:bang:

I actually prefer the non adjustable high speed jet version. It really is adjustable with a set of small drill bits. Once you dial it in it stays that way. The only draw back is if you regularly cut at significantly different elevations.

There are a lot of "mutt" saws out there, especially something getting on in years like an 026 with two variants. Kind of like the 075/076 hybrids.

Mark

There are a lot of "mutt" saws out there, especially something getting on in years like an 026 with two variants. Kind of like the 075/076 hybrids.

Mark

Just like the 024AVS I'm rebuilding. I'm using an 026 case, bar tensioner, flywheel, and sprocket cover. Only thing 024 will be the handles, plastic, cylinder, carb and some other odds and ends. :) Funny.

Come to think of it, the starter cover on my 026 says made in the USA and the starter cover on my 044 says made in West Germany ??

Back