026 Fixer Upper Projects...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_Shaft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I volunteer with the local snowmobile club and every year, funds are tight.

We have a couple of MS180's for light brush removal but over the past few years we have come up against some pretty serious overhanging trees. The local Dept. of Highways was kind enough to donate 4 x 026's with blown top ends and various missing parts, but I have already been lucky enough to locate 4 piston assys which should get me back in business.

In order to get these all going, I will still need:

2 x Recoil assys --> Found 1 today, still need one!
2 x Bar covers --> Found!
2 x Airfilter Assy
1 x Carb
2 x Clutch assy
2 x Clutch drum and nose brg assy
2 x 16" x .325 pitch bars --> Found 1 today, still need one!

Anybody have any of these parts kicking around that they would be willing to sell for cheaps? If so, PM me.

Last edited:
Are these saws Pro models or regular 026's??

I think I have quite a bit of what your looking for.

Hopefully you get them fixed - 1n the US the 026 has a .2kW advantage on the newer 260s, but they still fail to outcut the Husky 353, which are speced like the new 260s........:confused:

Are these saws Pro models or regular 026's??

I think I have quite a bit of what your looking for.

They're just regular run of the mill 026's. I actually found two clutch covers today from a buddy of mine. If you have any of the other parts listed, I'd greatly appreciate a chance to buy them.

I'm on a roll... got two cylinders, a clutch, drum, two recoils, a carb and two air filters today. This is coming along nicely.

Thanks for helping out a volunteer cause!

I still need a clutch, a clutch drum, two 16"-ish bars, two chains and 2-3 mufflers. Anybody have any stock 026 mufflers they want to part with?

Back