026 help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Had a problem with my 026 today frist time the 18 inch bar was buried in wood totaly. It would rev up fine and run w.o.t fine but as soon as i got it in a cut it would cut out for a half second like it was missing it only did this on a load no load its fine. :confused: I hope it is nothing major its a nice little saw

Spark plug? Weak coil, shorting plug wire, kill switch wire? If its running out of power not missing than its lean on the high end. Due to almost anything from fuel/impulse line, crank seals, cyl gasket, carb issues, tank vent... The list goes on :)

cut out like "bog down" or cut out like "someone turned off the switch"?

Like some one turned off the switch

the coil is old how long is the expected life of one

Last edited:
They can last quite a while I would check some of the other things I mentioned. plug, plug wire, kill switch wire, you can clean up the debris from the coil and regap it. I believe there is an ohm test for the coil but I cant recal what the range is. You can increase your plug gap and see if it still fires well. If it fires at .035-.040 then it will fire at .025 under compression. You want a nice fat blue spark.

xxl said:
how long are coils good for and is there a test to test them

sorry i should have netioned this is from 1995 and has seen a ton of use

I got this saw as a rebulid projected never checked the coil

The igntion can last forever, or not....

if you are the orignal owner, it has a lifetime warranty. If you're not, $105 new, or $25-35 used.

They can last quite a while I would check some of the other things I mentioned. plug, plug wire, kill switch wire, you can clean up the debris from the coil and regap it. I believe there is an ohm test for the coil but I cant recal what the range is. You can increase your plug gap and see if it still fires well. If it fires at .035-.040 then it will fire at .025 under compression. You want a nice fat blue spark.

Fired nice at .035 so the coil should be good will try checking the gap on the coil tomarrow.

Latest posts

Back