Farmertec carb for 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may end up trying that. gave the saw a test, and just couldn't get it to tune properly. Might try rebuilding my HD12 one more time, but I may also shop around for that mama. it's a sad day in oregon. Well, at least the farmertec carb looked nice and shiny.

since I had the hd12 off the saw, I took a look at it tonight, metering diaphragm was supple, everything looked good, so nothing obvious.I've pressure tested it from the fuel filter end and it seemed to hold pressure. Only thing off about that carb that I could see was the low speed jet screw was bent at some point in the past, although it seems to screw in just fine. so I may try the idea of using the same carb as the dollars. Or a really fancy nice dumpster

I put the old carb back in after checking and cleaning, it started and idled fine, but would not throttle up. As soon as it hit 11,000 it would just die. Same thing when I tried to cut with it, died a couple seconds after touching the wood. So,,,,, I'm gonna throw more money at ti. Ordered the zama cm3 that was suggested. we'll see:mad:

I put the old carb back in after checking and cleaning, it started and idled fine, but would not throttle up. As soon as it hit 11,000 it would just die. Same thing when I tried to cut with it, died a couple seconds after touching the wood. So,,,,, I'm gonna throw more money at ti. Ordered the zama cm3 that was suggested. we'll see:mad:
Do you want to try the carb off of mine just to see if that is the problem? The saw ran just fine before I disassembled it for rebuild.
will cost you postage to/from.

Blowoff valve

is that like a tank vent? not familiar with that term
The straw in your venturi with a high speed check ball and spring in it. They press out for replacement or clean the black snot out of the port leading to it. They get corrosion or plugged up. Replacement parts are available. It might just be the H circuit has snot in it.

The straw in your venturi with a high speed check ball and spring in it. They press out for replacement or clean the black snot out of the port leading to it. They get corrosion or plugged up. Replacement parts are available. It might just be the H circuit has snot in it.
thanks, was thinking it was hidden behind the muffler bearing

well, feeling like a newbie today, tried out a good used carb form a kind member, and same thing, dies after one or two cuts. I had it pressure tested a month ago by a good stihl mechanic, and he didn't find a leak. But , since I had the carb off I tested again and saw bubbles on underside of intake boot. Either the boot is cracked, or the base gasket delete I did wasnt quite sealed. So, ordered a boot and gasket, crossing my fingers. Doh.........:dumb2:

Latest posts

Back