026 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new impulse line after waiting a week, and tried that. Saw will not run unless you pour fuel down the carb. I am convinced the carb is shot, it ran pretty good with 1steve's carb in it so I am going to be looking for a new one. If anybody has a WT-194 the would like to sell let me know. I am ready to get this saw back to its owner LOL.

I have the carb with the fixed high end needle. Once i get my wt 194 rebuilt and put on, i can make ya a deal. My 026 ran great with it but i wanted a little more carb. I forget i think its a wt 403 not sure though.

Also check chainsawr.com for a Wt 194 i got mine off there for 25 bucks, of course it needed a rebuild kit as well.

I have the carb with the fixed high end needle. Once i get my wt 194 rebuilt and put on, i can make ya a deal. My 026 ran great with it but i wanted a little more carb. I forget i think its a wt 403 not sure though.

Also check chainsawr.com for a Wt 194 i got mine off there for 25 bucks, of course it needed a rebuild kit as well.

Thanks for the offer, I talked with the owner and he would like to stick with the adjustable high needle though.

You can also use a WT-22. They have the high adjustment and seem pretty much a WT-194 with a larger metering needle. Both my 026's have em.

Poge

I will keep my eyes out for one of those to.

Ok, after a few days to cool of to the point where I didnt feel like throwing the saw anymore, I decided to take the carb apart again and clean it thoroughly. I soaked it in some carb cleaner stuff, and then sprayed it with some carb cleaner, and made sure all passages were clear. I put it all back together and after some playing with it, it finely started. Seems to be running ok, but I have seen that before LOL. Going to try it Friday, so wish me luck!!! Hoping for better results this time!

Latest posts

Back