028 AV Wood Boss rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job, should run as good as it looks.

Edit: How did you end up removing the flywheel?

Took it to the shop like HarleyT suggested. $10. I had to drop it off cause the guy was busy, but I picked it up 3 hours later.
The guy said it was on there like an "expletive word" beginning with F and ending with R. So, I don't feel so bad about not being able to get it off of there.
He said he lightly emery clothed off some of the seize scale so next time it'll just pop right off. Good dude.

Well, at least you got it done. That's the main thing.

Myself, I would have preferred to put that $10 against the purchase of a puller, especially if you plan to do more saws in the future.

I do own a couple automotive tools that I bought (and used once). I think next time somebody wants to borrow one of them, I'll hit 'em up about buying it. If I ever needed it again, I could BORROW it.

P.S. A little heat on a stubborn flywheel will really make a difference. I can't remember if you tried that.

Well, at least you got it done. That's the main thing.

Myself, I would have preferred to put that $10 against the purchase of a puller, especially if you plan to do more saws in the future.

I do own a couple automotive tools that I bought (and used once). I think next time somebody wants to borrow one of them, I'll hit 'em up about buying it. If I ever needed it again, I could BORROW it.

P.S. A little heat on a stubborn flywheel will really make a difference. I can't remember if you tried that.

I did think about it, but I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this saw or not and like you said, I own a lot of single use tools.
I'm slowly getting myself out of that mindset just because simplicity is worth more to me than clutter.

Latest posts

Back