028 crank seal replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
Reaction score
IMG_0527.JPG Have an 028 super im working on, the pto side seal is leaking. At least it looks that way at first, actually it seams to be leaking around the outside of the race where the seal is pushed into the bearing. Ive never had one of these apart and im having trouble visualizing how its actually supposed to seal...

The seal is inside the bearing race. The race is an interference fit with the case. Should not be leaking a tremendous amount between bearing and case. Bearing may have spun and case is out of spec.

Hmmm...so the fact that i can spin the seal/race freely by hand, seperately from crank is a bad thing? Doesnt feel like any play in crank like its loose in the case.

Its a saw a buddy of mine got out of somebodys garage. Top end is clean, looks fairly low use, just a non runner. Tried pressure test first thing and failed miserably.

Was planning on doing both seals as i thought it was the seal leaking. Havent seen this type of bearing before and was thrown off by the spinning seal. Guess ill tear it down all the way and see whats up. Thanks guys, ill post a vid if i get a chance. Home with a 2 month old and sick 2 1/2 year old so not sure when thatll.be haha

Latest posts

Back