028 WB chain brake??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck21387

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've go an old 028 WB that i put a new piston in....it didn't have any chain brake parts in it so i bought some off ebay. Got the parts and they don't fit. I assume there were a couple models of the 028??

I've go an old 028 WB that i put a new piston in....it didn't have any chain brake parts in it so i bought some off ebay. Got the parts and they don't fit. I assume there were a couple models of the 028??
Yep, the older 028's had no brake.

028 chain brake

the early 028's did not have chain brakes they had a movable spring loaded handguard that looks like a brake handle. the pivot pins a on the saw if you want to add one. there are a few types of brake parts for these saws there was a kit avaiable to convert them. you need the correct type to match the saw. the guard handle won't work with the brake set up. you can tell its not a brake handle by looking @ the lower right side of handle above the bar cover, and it is all plastic, without 2 screws

the early 028's did not have chain brakes they had a movable spring loaded handguard that looks like a brake handle. the pivot pins a on the saw if you want to add one. there are a few types of brake parts for these saws there was a kit avaiable to convert them. you need the correct type to match the saw. the guard handle won't work with the brake set up. you can tell its not a brake handle by looking @ the lower right side of handle above the bar cover, and it is all plastic, without 2 screws

That's what i've got, the pivoting hand guard....

I knew i'd have to get the other style handle, with the two screw holes.

But the band i got doesn't work on this saw. So, i'm off to find another one.

Latest posts

Back