028 wb dumpin fuel????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldiehoggydoggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just put a new carb kit, intake boot and impulse line on my Buddy's 028. The thing dumps fuel every time I try to start it. I've adjusted the metering lever I swear 15 times now with no change. I've checked n rechecked my gaskets n spacers for correct placement. I've cleaned the carb. I've switched back to the old needle. No change. When u pull it over it gushes fuel out the intake with the plug out. It does have a weird little set screw on the breather line, could that b causing the tank to pressurize and kinda push to much fuel in. I'm stuck. Help!

That screw in the vent like is a grub screw, and its supposed to be there. Should be two of them actually.

Anything wedged under the needle? What about going back to the old metering lever?

That screw in the vent like is a grub screw, and its supposed to be there. Should be two of them actually.

Anything wedged under the needle? What about going back to the old metering lever?
I switched back to the old lever and i sprayed carb clean down the needle passage. I can't figure this thing out.

Ok, so I know you checked the placement of the gaskets and diaphragms....did you get the right ones?

(I know you probably checked already, but cant hurt to ask....)

Is it the Walbro or Tillotson carb? Do you have to tool for the lever? Will it even pop when you try to fire it? Was the saw running before?

different, Walbro or Tillotson carb? Do you have to tool for the lever? Will it even pop when you try to fire it? Was the saw running before?
Fixed that sucker. The carb kit came with three different, what I thought were identical gaskets. One was different. Long story short I found the different one first. Saw runs great now.

Yeah I think I used the blue plastic one first with the fuel issue. Now I hot the clear one in there. Runs great now.

Latest posts

Back