029 oiler adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emathews82

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I posted a question or two on this yesterday though I was tagging along on another thread. I'm not sure if starting my own makes it more visible or what, but i'm going to put this question out again. Also, does starting my own thread make any difference?

here goes,

I was hoping someone could help me answer a question about the 029 oiler and its adjustment. I recently acquired one of these saws with an allegedly broken oiler/oil pump. The saw seems to be putting oil to the bar though temps are warm and the reservoir is full. WIth conditions as such, could oil be making its way over to the bar if the oiler was broken? secondly, is the adjustment screw like a ball valve i.e. is one direction on and the other off or should the screw stop turning at each limit? mine turns infinitely in either direction. If the screw should stop does the fact that it spins freely both ways hamper the effectiveness of the oil pump? thanks for your time. I'm just hoping to eliminate a few unknowns before i go buying up parts.

Back