031 AV Fuel Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psquared

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just rebuilt the carb (WA 2A) on an 031AV; also replaced impulse line, filter, and the flushed gas tank. It was running poorly and the carb had gone a long time since the last rebuild.

After the rebuild, it starts hard, runs for a few seconds and stalls as it spits fuel into the case that surrounds the carb.

At that point it doesn't want to start, but the cylinder is not flooded, but dry, as if it's not getting gas.

I double checked the carb assembly and everything is in the correct order. Any ideas? :dizzy:

Thanks

if its spitting fuel out the back of the carb towards the air filter - it could be 'blow by'
i.e. wear in the cylinder or a stuck or broken ring allowing the compression in the cylinder to blow by the piston and out through the carb instead of sucking in the fuel.
Suggest you check the compression first.

something stuck in your jets maybe

I disassembled the carb, blew it out and re-assembled again just in case it was blockage of some sort. No luck.

As for broken or worn ring, I don't have a compression tester, but having a hard plastic rather than rubber recoil handle, this feels like it has the compression of a much bigger saw, one pain in the ...hand to pull over. I may get it tested, but it seems like there is something else I am overlooking. It doesn't feel like a saw with worn rings.

Thanks

Back