Jonsered Identification Request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gopackgogbwi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Inherited this saw as part of a property sale. Unfortunately, the metal tag where the serial number/model number is typically is gone. Was hoping someone could tell me what type of Jonsered saw this is?

I'm in need of a carb rebuild kit and a few gaskets. A parts diagram or two would probably be helpful on putting it back together!

Appreciate anything you can offer and/or insight on if this is a good saw or not?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4487.jpg
    IMG_4487.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4490.jpg
    IMG_4490.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
50mm and quite square air filter cover compared to the more sloping 630 makes it an early example of a 670.
Is there an interesting arrangement of twisted wire holding the rubber manifold to the cylinder- or - a nylon intake block not unlike the 630/162 and most the 2## Husqvarnas.
Do you have the clutch cover and brake? Those would help date it a bit.

The 670 was kind of its own beast- similar to the 50mm orange saws of 266XP and 268XP- but just that bit better.
A very good saw, that went through a couple of improvements, with the Super and Super 2- then after winning the World Champs three times, was rebadged 670 CHAMP.

50mm and quite square air filter cover compared to the more sloping 630 makes it an early example of a 670.
Is there an interesting arrangement of twisted wire holding the rubber manifold to the cylinder- or - a nylon intake block not unlike the 630/162 and most the 2## Husqvarnas.
Do you have the clutch cover and brake? Those would help date it a bit.

The 670 was kind of its own beast- similar to the 50mm orange saws of 266XP and 268XP- but just that bit better.
A very good saw, that went through a couple of improvements, with the Super and Super 2- then after winning the World Champs three times, was rebadged 670 CHAMP.
Appreciate it. Seems like parts are still readily available. I tore it down and cleaned all the parts; currently sitting out to dry. Here are pictures I believe that you need. Let me know if this dates it at all!

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4513.jpg
    IMG_4513.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
My guess is a early 670 too. Mostly due to the tall air box cover as Bob said. Another easy way to tell is look at the top of the carb......if it has an impulse line going to the top cover of the carb it is a 670......no impulse it is is a 630. 630 is 48mm bore 670 is 50mm bore.

My guess is a early 670 too. Mostly due to the tall air box cover as Bob said. Another easy way to tell is look at the top of the carb......if it has an impulse line going to the top vcover of the carb it is a 670......no impulse it is is a 630. 630 16 48mm bore 670 id 50mm bore.
Appreciate both you and Bob. Cross your fingers that I can report back with a running unit in a few days.

You can also scrape a little dirt and grease off the bottom right side of the cylinder and the first two digits closest to the intake side will tell you how many cc the cylinder is.

Inherited this saw as part of a property sale. Unfortunately, the metal tag where the serial number/model number is typically is gone. Was hoping someone could tell me what type of Jonsered saw this is?

I'm in need of a carb rebuild kit and a few gaskets. A parts diagram or two would probably be helpful on putting it back together!

Appreciate anything you can offer and/or insight on if this is a good saw or not?

Thanks!

Give a lot of the below information. We certainly determined that it’s a 670! Thanks for everyone’s help.

Does anyone know anything about a potential difference in air filter? Every new air filter I purchased for this unit is too small for the current manifold that I have. The bolt pattern on the old filter measures about 1.87” and every new filter I’ve tried to find on Amazon measures about 1.64”.

I ended up purchasing a kit to replace all the gaskets, air filter, and intake: kit

Can anyone shed some light on the potential difference and if the kit I purchased is quality enough to make the saw run?

Attachments

• IMG_4526.jpeg
    IMG_4526.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4527.jpeg
    IMG_4527.jpeg
    946.5 KB · Views: 0
Not sure Im allowed to link it on here- bit there are a couple of guys fluff about and make videos on this very subject- like how to keep your 600 series Jonsered running- crossovers between the Jonsered 600 and Husqvarna 2 series etc- @Cantdog might be able to direct you to the very videos.
The Amazon kit is for 2 series Husqvarna and you will find one filter will be flat topped and the other peaked- guess which is which- and the peaked top caused issues with the flat air box cover on some models.
Is your original filter damaged beyond washing and cleaning?

It’s possible you have a different intake elbow from maybe a 288. 625/670 air filters are different, but will all fit the 6XX air filter elbow
Perhaps.....I've mixed and matched all these parts in just about every possible combination in 2XX and 6XX saws and never encountered this issue. I'm not familiar enough with the 288 series to comment on that but it certainly could be possible. I'd be more suspect of the new (AM) filter being almost correct but not quite. Likely all the filters listed on Amazon are made in the same exact far eastern factory.
Unless your old filter is violated or missing patches of flocking I'd just wash it out good with dish soap and water and dry it throughly.

Or how many MM maybe?
Thank you Bob Hedgecutter! You are correct and I must have been just about ready to get horizontal when I commented. It's good to know that you ol boys are always looking out for one another on this site! Your a trooper and a scholar my friend! 😉

Latest posts

Back