032 or 038

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneadam12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here had any problems with crankcase leaks with either one of these two. I had a buddy that junked an 034 before I could get my hands on it. Dealer told him it was a casting problem and couldn't be fixed. He also said it was common with this model of saw in late production runs.

Today, a different friend told me he has an 032 that won't hardly start after it warms up. A couple other things he said about the way it was acting made me think crankcase leaks, (this from lots of reading here lately :)).

Anyone?

Anyone here had any problems with crankcase leaks with either one of these two. I had a buddy that junked an 034 before I could get my hands on it. Dealer told him it was a casting problem and couldn't be fixed. He also said it was common with this model of saw in late production runs.

Today, a different friend told me he has an 032 that won't hardly start after it warms up. A couple other things he said about the way it was acting made me think crankcase leaks, (this from lots of reading here lately :)).

Anyone?

I believe an 042 or 048 had issues with crankcase leakage...but i have not heard of issues on the 032 or 038.

Anyone?

032? almost never...

As for your dealer's comment - he's full of it...

leaky Stihl cases

With over 40 yrs. of owning,running and repairing Stihl saws I have never came across that problem, all vacuum leaks have been traced to bad crank seals,leaking carb or spacer gaskets and impulse lines on some models. I start diagnosis with a vacuum test and then a lo. air pressure test using soapy water in a spray bottle, spray the seals , gaskets etc and your leak will show up right away. Lets see what other readers think on this subject. Pioneerguy600

Wowzer

Never heard of ANY Stihl's that were prone to having leaky crank cases for that matter... :confused: :popcorn: :dizzy:

What is the going rental rate on mules down in arkansas?

Depends on your weight and the size of the mule you rent. Just remember don't make fun of someone's mule :chainsaw:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ldZxQ3Md70&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ldZxQ3Md70&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Remind me if I forget.

Don't piss a man off over his Mule. 3 men were killed here in Va, in the 70's over a coon hound.

Latest posts

Back