034 carb on a MS260?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyFXDWG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a running ms260 tonight. It is in good shape and will be my first venture into saw modding. I picked it up for $160 with a NIB Stihl bar and RSC chain so I figure it is a cheap venture.

The carb only has one adjustment screw and it doesn't seem to have a choke. This does not seem like it will work well for modding. I do have an 034 carb kicking around that fits the studs on the 260. It has full adjustment and a choke. Will it work? Is it worth swapping?

I plan to muffler mod, set squish to 0.17ish, work saw type port and clean up the piston some. If I can figure out what Brad was saying about tapering the transfers... that too.

Thanks,
Jeremy

im at 3200 ft elevation and have my fixed H 026 muffler modded to way over twice its origianly size. its running single 3/4" port

i dont think you could run this combo under 2000ft elevation. its barely burblen at 3200 just barely

Yea.. I really think it needs a new carb. I have read about the 440 swap but i don't understand why that one? I have the one out of a 34 so it got me thinking.

JP

Back