Husqvarna 2100 with a 394 carb swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snobdds

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it appears I will never find a 2100 carb, my only solution is to swap in a 394 carb. Who has done it and would they do it again?

It appears, with some slight modifications to the throttle linkage, it will work. The choke looks like it will work without any modifications. My only concern is with the intake block. The intake block on a 394 looks way different than a 2100 intake block.

Let me hear the good and the horror stories.

Never done so- but sounds like it could get ugly.
Have you tried looking for 285, 298, 1100 carbs as well?

Did you have no carb from the get go- or you just have an ugly one not running well?

All you really need is an old Tillotson HS with the same sized venturi- rest can be worked around.

Never done so- but sounds like it could get ugly.
Have you tried looking for 285, 298, 1100 carbs as well?

Did you have no carb from the get go- or you just have an ugly one not running well?

All you really need is an old Tillotson HS with the same sized venturi- rest can be worked around.

I have a 394 carb on the way...I will let you know how it goes.

The carb has the correct pulse hole, and fuel line barb location. The jets are on the correct side. The choke looks fine, but the throttle looks like it would need to be switched the 2100 version of the linkage. The linkage is held on by c clips so I could switch everything over.

The one thing I can't be sure of is the intake block. But it's only $200 for a new OEM carb, and it has a bigger venturi opening...so who knows.

I'll be a test mule. If it doesn't work, It will give me an excuse to buy a 394.

Como va el invento necesito saber

I can confirm you can use a 394 carb on a 2100. You will have to remove the choke and throttle butterflies from the 2100 and put them on the 394 carb. They are held in with little c clips. The 394 uses a throttle cable where the 2100 uses ridged throttle wire.

All the pulse and mounting holes work perfectly.

Puedo confirmar que puedes usar un carburador 394 en un 2100. Tendrás que quitar las mariposas del estrangulador y del acelerador del 2100 y colocarlas en el carburador 394. Se sujetan con pequeños clips en forma de C. El 394 usa un cable del acelerador mientras que el 2100 usa un cable del acelerador estriado.

Todos los orificios de pulso y montaje funcionan perfectamente.
GRACIAS

Back