034 not oiling properly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuneshop

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an old 034av super that I replaced the fuel tank on. I never noticed any oiling problems before that. I can remove the bar and chain catcher plate and see oil squirting out. this 034 has no adjuster screw for the oiler.

Thx for responses.I read my initial post, and realized I sounded ignorant. When put together and cutting,there is almost no oil getting on the chain. when apart I get oil squirting out. I have an 036 to compare to and the oil amount seems comparable.
This 034 was my father's, purchased in the mid 80's. The tank had cracked and had been patched, but still leaked.I decided to replace the tank and use it for a backup saw. This was the first major use I had put it to, since the repair.
I should have done some things like replacing the screen and checking the suction tube before posting.I will get to that and update later.

If the bar is off and you see the oiler working then you need to look at the bar. How do you know it's not producing enough oil?

Latest posts

Back