036 Pro muffler casing gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatchin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in the process of finishing up my 036 pro project and never remembered to order the gasket that goes between the front muffler casing and the rest of the muffler "box". Is the gasket absolutely necessary, would this cause any problems?

I have the patience to cut out a gasket from gasket blanks. Is it necessary to have the high-temp gasket paper or will regular gasket blanks work?

Not to be a smart arse but for the "search nazis's" i've already tried a couple searches haha

Thanks for any help yall may be able to offer:greenchainsaw:

Leave it out. it's really expensive for what is is ($10) and does nothing once you mod the muffler. Even Stihl doesn't use a gasket on two of the 036 versions and the dual port 046/066

ok thanks. thats the one thing about stihl i dont really care for, the high prices on some replacment parts...must have some gold laced in there somewheres haha. Get what ya pay for in some circumstances though:dunno:

kicking myself for buying a roll of gasket paper since i was in town for a apt. lol :buttkick: might still make one up if i have time to

well never ended up makin a gasket for the casing but that saw sure sounds nice now that i got it all buttoned up and running. I opened up the OEM exaust hole bout double the size it used to be and a bit longer.

Latest posts

Back