038 at pawn shop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a mag from what I remember. It's a little rough needs a new rope and handle. Didn't look at the piston yet

038 mag is 72cc. 038 is 62cc and the 038 super is 66cc.

The 038 is older and heavier than the 044 but I think it is more robust. I have an 038 magnum, modded, base gasket deleted and I love using it over my 372xp for pure smiles that it gives. It is a low revving torque monster. It is one tough bugger. Easy to swap an 038 or 038 super to an 038 mag piston and cylinder. Just need to open out the cylinder bolt holes with a dremel or other. And maybe get the mag carb.

Having said all that mine is being a pain to start, due a carb rebuild.

I recommend one definitely. Don't know if $200 is a bit much for a repair project..

They will shiver yer timbers though with their 1980's AV.

I'm pretty sure there is no difference between them, the 028, 026, 044, 034, 036 or any of the MS variants of those. Well I cant see or feel any, they are all rubber AV's. But I agree compared to the ms362 and the 362xp and 372xp that I have they are a tad more agricultural..

038 mag is 72cc. 038 is 62cc and the 038 super is 66cc.

The 038 is older and heavier than the 044 but I think it is more robust. I have an 038 magnum, modded, base gasket deleted and I love using it over my 372xp for pure smiles that it gives. It is a low revving torque monster. It is one tough bugger. Easy to swap an 038 or 038 super to an 038 mag piston and cylinder. Just need to open out the cylinder bolt holes with a dremel or other. And maybe get the mag carb.

Having said all that mine is being a pain to start, due a carb rebuild.

I recommend one definitely. Don't know if $200 is a bit much for a repair project..
So what are the specs for 038 Mag II?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

72 cc
Bore 52mm
Stroke 34mm
2500 rpm idle
13,500 rpm w/bar n chain top limit

I have a 038 magnum II w/ 24" bar that I just recently rescued from the trash. You better bet your arse that this is one saw you would want in an alley fight. Yes, the rumors are true..... the magnum is a torquer.

Back