038 AVS farm boss question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tail gate malfunctioned and dropped open while driving down the highway last weekend and my 038 fell out! A friend of mine found it along side the road and returned it to me. It received some road rash on the chain guard plate but fired up and ran like a champ afterr the third crank! My mm- ms250 fell out also. Never found it! Guess someone was really happy they found it!!! I'm a bit pissed right now! A least I still have the 038!

Uhhhh, you can put saws in the bed?

I never knew that. I always figured they needed a pampered spot on the bench seat.

I sold a 361 to a guy who showed up with his 12 year old son and one of his son's friends. Son was in the front seat when they pulled in. When he left with the saw he made them both get in the back so the saw could sit shotgun.

Bummer about losing the 250, though. Time for a 261...

I have the Magnum version of that saw, 52mm piston. Seems to have a lot of power for an older saw.
Mine has had a magnum conversion, according to the previous owner. I was looking it over a couple of nights ago and noticed it has a BING carburetor. Seems that I read somewhere that the specials had the BING carb while the magnums may have had a Tillosten carb. I was wondering if the Venturi bore size was different between the two? May be I still have some power left on the table? I took the muffler apart and seen that someone had drilled holes in the internal baffle but no mods were done to the out muffler shell. I drilled a 1/4 hole in it and cut the lovers out. Haven't tried it out since.

Mine had a Tillotson which I replaced with an ebay imitation of a Walbro or a Zama, not sure. The Tillotson had the plastic piece on it that held the inlet lever and the pin for it was loose and rather than trying to find that piece I just replaced the carb and it seems to have been the right move as the saw starts and runs much better.

Latest posts

Back