038 Magnum II, 066, MS200T, & MS440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a slight problem... I'm not really sure why, but I've managed to buy lots of great saws over the last 60 days. Maybe it's me trying to compensate for something.... Or.... I could actually be in love with chainsaws?

I started with the 038 Magnum II:

Look at her.... with all this beautiful wood.... a red oak... it was my first removal.IMG_0420.JPG

A nice side angle of the bar... Does it get any better than this?
IMG_0417.JPG

And then there's this picture; a close up of the Stihl Logo... Made in West Germany...
IMG_0412.jpg

I saved the best for last...
IMG_0419.JPG

If I could have stopped with that saw.. I would have.

However....

I was bored because I hadn't worked in over 8 days... So I was looking around on Craigslist in the Farm+Garden section trying to fill the void that I can only call restlessness when I saw this luxurious piece.... What could it be?

-1.jpg

Hidden under that mysterious paint was an 066....

IMG_0561.JPG

an 066... just waiting to be stripped down, and placed on top of my wood pile for a photo shoot...
IMG_0569.JPG
No pun intended, but hey.....
As you can see from the first picture with 038 MII, I was busy splitting wood, and the 066 lay on top of it. However splitting wood doesn't pay the bills. At least not for a few more months..

So a few weeks went by. Maybe even a solid month...Still no work..... Several hours went into putting in bids/estimates, but nothing that was hook, line, and sinker. And then I see her...2.jpg
An MS200t... Listed as "Stihl Chainsaw" instead of something like "MS200T Arborist Pro Chainsaw" The post was 3 weeks old, and I figured that it had sold already. I tried anyway and I was in luck!! The owner hadn't even shown it to one single person. I was the first phone call since he posted it.. I drove all the way into the next state to pick this "lil guy" up... Buying it with the hopes that business would pick up...

However, no business.. And I'm feeling like maybe I should make some new business cards and pass them out... So I design some...business card.jpg

Not a bad design, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on ordering them yet because I feel like they are still missing something. (phone number is on the back side)

So I find myself on Craigslist again and I see this add...

"Homemade trailer for sale"
I have a home made trailer for sale. It's 5x8 (no pictures) I also have a Stihl MS440, (no pictures) Craftsman weed-eater, (also no pictures). Gas Grill (no pictures)

So I drive an hour into North Carolina to meet this old women and she has this in the back of her truck:
-1.jpg
It's Ghetto and held together with springs... but it started right up, had plenty of compression, seems to have low hours, and was cheap! Can't wait to install a max flow kit on this guy.

My trusty MS192t, and my Echo CS400 didn't make it into the photo shoot.. Both are muffler modded and have the limiter caps on the carbs removed/re-tuned.

So I've got more than enough chainsaws and I want to work, but no jobs.

What to do?

Latest posts

Back