039 Help. Doesnt have much power?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt9923

Stihl bustin knuckles
Reaction score
Ok i put a new impulse, fule line, karb kit. And now i fixed the idle problem. Bu tnow it has no power? and it doesnt get up to high rpm and its rought on high idle? I hav ethe high idle screw out 1 turn? Where shoudl it be?
Thanks Matt (om ready to smash it with a hammer)

Try turning the H and L screws in all the way gently then out 1 turn. Adjust idle from there. That sould get you pretty close. You may have to tune the L jet a bit for throttle response from there. You'll likely also have to tweak the H jet a bit.

Ya i have it 1 turn out.
I can get it to run to lean or to rich? I need to get a new tach. What should it be at?
Also the new fuel line leaks? why is it lose i need to put some liquid gasekt on it.
Matt

Ya i have it 1 turn out.
I can get it to run to lean or to rich? I need to get a new tach. What should it be at?
Also the new fuel line leaks? why is it lose i need to put some liquid gasekt on it.
Matt
The line itself? or where it goes through to the tank?

Thats not right. It shouldnt leak at all. Something is wrong.:)

Ya i know its abrand new OEM part but its a little lose? Idk why ill fix it with soem liqud gasket and see if she runs better!!!
What do u use to decarbonize? seafoam
Matt

Thats not right. It shouldnt leak at all. Something is wrong.:)

Agreed there sould be no leak. The lines fit tight, and should require some effort to even rotate in the hole(fuel tankhole).

Agreed there sould be no leak. The lines fit tight, and should require some effort to even rotate in the hole(fuel tankhole).

Idk why the old one was tight this one isint. But anyone know how to properly adjust carb and why the saw has no power?

:) Im guessing you have either overlooked something or that fuel line not sealing in tank has something to do with it too. You should be able to back out both H and L 1 turn and it should run. Not perfect but run. Can you run down all the things you have done already? If not a problem.:confused:

You don't have the hose seated correctly. Do NOT use any sealer... fix the problem..
Are you sure you have the correct hose? It should have "1127" molded onto one end.

Last edited:
You don't have the hose seated correctly. Do NOT use any sealer... fix the problem..
Are you sure you have the correct hose? It should have "1127" molded onto one end.

Ill check. who knows i got it on flea-bay it said 039

new? Why flea bay... they are only about $8 at your dealer.

Its easier to have it to my door and my dealers slow and painfull prosses. Have many ideas on why saws not powerfull. Maby need higher H setting

Back