041AV Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duke mauk

Reaction score
what do I need to do after I get a cylinder and piston for my saw (if I can find one resonable) should I replace crank seals also carb gasket and kit?what else ? any advise will be welcome ,I just want it to last and run good Thanks :D

Yes, all the things you mentioned would be good to replace. The carb stack has several gaskets, and the screws have a habit of loosening. Replace them.

Remember that there are 3, yes three crank seals on the 041. One on the ignition side, and 2 on the clutch side. (Most people forget that the oiler gear has a small one in it.)

Also look at the oiler, and see if you can find the rubber seal, and the little bitty o-ring. They like to go bad as well.

I would also look for an annular buffer for the bottom of the top handle if yours looks dodgy. Without that annular buffer, the saw is pretty useless.

Bob

:)
Yes, all the things you mentioned would be good to replace. The carb stack has several gaskets, and the screws have a habit of loosening. Replace them.

Remember that there are 3, yes three crank seals on the 041. One on the ignition side, and 2 on the clutch side. (Most people forget that the oiler gear has a small one in it.)

Also look at the oiler, and see if you can find the rubber seal, and the little bitty o-ring. They like to go bad as well.

I would also look for an annular buffer for the bottom of the top handle if yours looks dodgy. Without that annular buffer, the saw is pretty useless.

Bob

Latest posts

Back