041AV Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duke mauk

Reaction score
what do I need to do after I get a cylinder and piston for my saw (if I can find one resonable) should I replace crank seals also carb gasket and kit?what else ? any advise will be welcome ,I just want it to last and run good Thanks :D

Yes, all the things you mentioned would be good to replace. The carb stack has several gaskets, and the screws have a habit of loosening. Replace them.

Remember that there are 3, yes three crank seals on the 041. One on the ignition side, and 2 on the clutch side. (Most people forget that the oiler gear has a small one in it.)

Also look at the oiler, and see if you can find the rubber seal, and the little bitty o-ring. They like to go bad as well.

I would also look for an annular buffer for the bottom of the top handle if yours looks dodgy. Without that annular buffer, the saw is pretty useless.

Bob

:)
Yes, all the things you mentioned would be good to replace. The carb stack has several gaskets, and the screws have a habit of loosening. Replace them.

Remember that there are 3, yes three crank seals on the 041. One on the ignition side, and 2 on the clutch side. (Most people forget that the oiler gear has a small one in it.)

Also look at the oiler, and see if you can find the rubber seal, and the little bitty o-ring. They like to go bad as well.

I would also look for an annular buffer for the bottom of the top handle if yours looks dodgy. Without that annular buffer, the saw is pretty useless.

Bob

Back