044 question with pictures.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
044s are a dangerous saw to buy without background education and asking questions because of all the changes over the years. I called the age of it based on the pictures and without the serial number. You did pay way too much for it. But, you're the one who bid on it. I hate to be a arse, but you made your bed.

That's what I wanaknow :) Looked everywhere, could not find the definition.

I thought apes are sloooww :buttkick:

Oh well win some loose some,,, ya know if ya really look at the photos in your auction that you won,,,,,, The Saw King did his home work to run the price up on that saw,,,,,, (Which is extremely Cheesy IMHO) notice the angles he used,,, The Front view he used an angle with the bar blocking the view of all the paint being beat off the crankcase,,,,, and the rear view conviently chopped off the defect/broken part on the rear handle,,,, If it was me and those crank bearings were worn enough to produce runouts that are out of tolerance +-.001-.002 id send it back or get him to refund the cost of new brgs and seals @ about 100.00,,,,,,

Ya still laughing??????? :buttkick:

I got a pre 1993 10mm pin 044 with the stock large port exhaust... It runs like a scalded dog. Bought it used, low hours, and well maintained... not from ebay. Got a great deal on it.

I agree with Tim... ya got exactly what ya paid for... an overpriced beat up 044... sorry mang.

Gary

Oh well win some loose some,,, ya know if ya really look at the photos in your auction that you won,,,,,, The Saw King did his home work to run the price up on that saw,,,,,, (Which is extremely Cheesy IMHO) notice the angles he used,,, The Front view he used an angle with the bar blocking the view of all the paint being beat off the crankcase,,,,, and the rear view conviently chopped off the defect/broken part on the rear handle,,,, If it was me and those crank bearings were worn enough to produce runouts that are out of tolerance +-.001-.002 id send it back or get him to refund the cost of new brgs and seals @ about 100.00,,,,,,

Ya still laughing??????? :buttkick:

I am going to return the saw and look for another one. I prefer to get the 372xp because I think the bars would be interchangeable between the Dolmar 5100s and the Husqvarna 372XP. Am I correct on this assumption?

Thanks,
Rony

Saw-king is a men of his word

I bought some Dolmar parts from saw king 2 or 3 years ago. He was a great ebayer to deal with.

Well you are correct, saw-king agreed to give me a full refund and he did, I paid for the return shipping. So I would have to say he is definitely a good ebayer.

I decided to go for the 372xp, it is a newer generation saw and has more of the latest technology in it I assume. I ended up buying a 2004 372xp from ebay, I did not know it back then but it turned up to be a member on this site, it was Hornett22’s ported 372xp! :clap:

Wow, he did a great job with this saw he put a brand new piston, cylinder, rings and a new muffler. :clap: This saw is very strong, it runs great and very smooth. I like the way it sounds, it sounds like it has authority. I was very surprised and pleased that it sounded a little quieter than the Dolmar PS-5100S! He explained to me that he does not like his saws to be loud and he always put quiet mufflers on his saws. I think he has, or now had, 3 of these 372xp’s… :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I only had a chance to use it one day, I can not wait to try it more in big hardwood. I weight the Dolmar and Husky both with 20” bars and some fuel, the Husky weighed ~18.6lb and the Dolmar weighed ~16.8lb, so the 372xp is about 1.8lb heavier than the Dolmar 5100S loaded. I am not sure yet if I should keep the Dolmar, I can get a 24” bar and use the 372xp and the Husky 141 that I have.

Latest posts

Back