046 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiseltooth

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, couple of quick questions.
can a factory made dual port muffle be got from stihl for the 046?,
and what do i need to do with regards to oil/fuel ratio and saw setup if i get one?
thanks

Hi, couple of quick questions.
can a factory made dual port muffle be got from stihl for the 046?,
and what do i need to do with regards to oil/fuel ratio and saw setup if i get one?
thanks

Yes it is I just got one and it runs about $60 here. When you install it just richen up the high side of the carb a little. You may have to adjust the low side too. Some times when you move one you have to move the other. Just run good high octane fuel at 50:1 that's what I run in mine.

watch ebay for DP 044/460 mufflers.

no reason for the DP though. the factory side port will flow more after being worked over alittle . but it takes a few tools and alittle doing.

tune it by ear. it all depends on how rich it is before you modd or install the dp muffler cover. it likely doesnt need to be richend with new dp muffler cover but you need to be able to tune it and know wether it needs to be richer or not.

it should burble on top alittle bit at WOT if it doesnt then richen, then check it in the wood to. it should burble pretty much right as you lift out of the cut and go away as soon as theyre a load back on the saw

Last edited:
Back