056 kid chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
056 kid said:
here is somthing for everyone. That "unstable" notch was cut 3 days befor i fell it. It had no problem hanging on for that period of time. The reason that it was cut so deep was to actually get some good hinge wood,(look at the pic of me). I also cutit that deep to correct for the slight l lean. Hasent anyone ever cut a deep notch in a tree that looked like it wanted to go the other way? A good example is in the photo album on madsens site. Even though the guy smashed his new truck because it barberd, it works most of the time. I will get thoes skeptics some climbing pics if the next tree I am doing.

COTTONWOODS GROW IN THIS PART OF OREGON!!

Oh my G**! Put a notch like that in a tree and then walk away from it for 3 days?? Yikes!!! I swore when I started cutting back in the 50s that I would never leave a tree stand that I had laid a bar to. I don't leave widow makers.

Harry K

You could learn a lot, if you wanted Kid.

What would you do if you hurt someone else?

I can tell from the pics you have a big playground, now all you need is a bit knollege and then you are safe too.
Imagine that, safe and having fun!!!!

Just continuing like this is pointless, not to mension dangerus.
By all means learn, but learn safty first. You can not trust you will be lucky all the time!

Learn how to play safe, and have fun!

http://www.husqvarna.co.uk/node1470.asp

Try listening to & following the advice being offered. Some comments may seem harsh, but these guys ARE trying to help you.

Be glad that you're not hearing from some of the guys that used to post here--they would chew you up & shid you out in the time it takes to blink.

Why bother,but i'll do it anyway. If you ave heartrot, or the stem is hollow, cotinuing the fce is not the solution. 1. If you suspect rot bore the stem, look at your chips determine if there is unsound/lack of wood. 2. Your biggest concern inthe hinge is good meat at your corners, thats what will hold your tree into the face if you sized the favor properly. If youhave bad wood in the middle and cut te face to 1/3 maybe even to 1/2 if your corners matched up you will just have to cut up less hlding wood to get the tree to commit to the lay. Try that next time. :umpkin:

rubberducky said:
;) Dont worry Ted. I've done the same thing some people just dont understand. :Eye:

Who's Ted? Do you know the kid?

Is there many kids running around without any one to show them....

I mean, if my kids had saws, I would like to make sure he was just about as safe as can get with them. I would think someone followed and showed, but obviously not...

Heck, having a saw seems to be about 1/1000th the resources this "kid" has at his disposal. He mentioned 20,000 acres and a dozer, yet there's no one available to show him how NOT to kill himself.

I still suspect this is some sort of troll....the pictures prove ZERO

Bob Mihalek; Some people just cant resist that troll bait. They don't even realize they are being played for the fool!

Crofter said:
Bob Mihalek; Some people just cant resist that troll bait. They don't even realize they are being played for the fool!
FWIW guys, I taught myself to use a chainsaw when I was 14. My dad was in a car wreck and I didn't have anyone to show me how, and we had a 160 acre farm. I think the kid may be exaggerating a bit, but his story isn't entirely unfeasible.

Latest posts

Back